Body Shaming Is So "Uncool"

Body Shaming Is So "Uncool"

How would you like it if I sat there and shamed you for your body?

20
Body Shaming Is So "Uncool"
www.google.com

" Body shaming is not just about beauty. When we limit what is allowed to be called beautiful, wealso limit who is allowed to feel confident, empowered, important, sexy, brave, and proud."

I never understood why body shaming was a "cool" thing to do or at least people thought it was cool to do. Body shaming is a large reason why women in todays society feel they can not wear what they want, be who they want, and succeed the way the way they want to. Being skinny, a little on the heavy side or over weight shouldn't concern anyone other than yourself! You should be able to walk out of your house in the morning and felt simply beautiful!

I must shed some light on a recent body shaming incident which sent alot of social media into a frenzy of mixed emotions! This past sunday Lady Gaga blessed us with her absolutely amazing performance at Superbowl 51! Need I remind you she looked BEAUTIFUL!!!!! But of course as always theres that one person who had to take to social media to show us that she had the slightest bit of flab hanging over her shorts. Excuse you but if you think that, she is fat at all maybe you should go to the eye doctor because you have no idea what you were looking at!

First of all you have to take into consideration she is wearing tight shorts! I know when i wear tight clothing my stomach hangs over likes theres no tomorrow! Lady gaga is all about self love and if she loves the way she looks then why should you even care?

People, with pure intentions of insulting someone, constantly throw around “her body is so flat,” and “He’s fat, that makes him so ugly,” and “you need to lose weight.” Nobody chooses the body they have. Everyone is born into that body without a choice. As Lady Gaga herself says " We were born this way". If someone is healthy then it should not matter what they look like to anyone but their own.

One day hopefully soon I'd like to see the stop to body shaming. Instead compliment others on how good they look no matter what they look like. Stop putting peolple down and making them unhappy! It starts with you! Make a change!