"Body Forgive Me"

"Body Forgive Me"

A poem.

184
"Body Forgive Me"
https://www.pexels.com/photo/silhouette-of-standing-person-27141/

Body forgive me.

Recovery is not yoga mats and herbal tea. Instead it has been patience, prayer, setbacks, patterns, practices, and people. It has been learning that sometimes running is just running and food is just food.

Body forgive me.

Recovery has been a lot of sweatshirt cuffs with snot stains, standing up in the shower instead of sitting down, checking in with God, standing up after laying on the floor for hours, and travelling to places alone.

Body forgive me.

Recovery has been like putting together a puzzle. All the pieces laid out in front of me, but I don't know quite how they fit together.

Body forgive me.

Recovery has been a four year process without a cap and gown.

Body forgive me.

Recovery has been a process of listening to you with headphones on. I can almost hear what you are trying to say, but I don't care enough to take them off.

Body forgive me.

Recovery has been trying to say, "I appreciate you", but stumbling over each syllable.

Body forgive me.

Recovery has been looking you in the eye when we're having a conversation.

Body forgive me.

Recovery has been words that sound the same, but don't mean that same thing.

Body forgive me.

Recovery has been apologies and I'll make my first one out to you.

Body forgive me.