How Many People You've Slept With In No Way Defines You As A Woman

You are not a whore.

163

Between the awkward random hookups, the long-term relationships, and the more intimate friendships, your body count will tend to increase - and faster than you would prefer.

For girls, having a body count above three or four you are given the title of being a whore. Guys, get the joy of loathing over their recent hit and quit, while girls suffer from the constant name calling. I have a body count that is not quite what I should be pleased with, but I have been called the names, the ones we all know very well: whore, slut, hoe, cheap skank, etc. Just because a girl/ guy has a high body count, that does not mean they are the image of any of the words that they are accused of being.

After high school or college the people, you once hooked up with, will no longer recognize you or associate with you. All of the names you are called, from this point forward, have no influence over your future. Having a body count of three hundred does not mean you will not become a successful nurse, lawyer, or teacher. Good for you for being able to reach out to three hundred individuals and seeing how they are in the bedroom.

My personal favorite comment, which I hear a lot," You will not find a husband/ wife with a high body count." Okay, let's dive in. Love is love, you do not choose your feelings, but you do choose your opinion. If your significant other has a higher body count, than you would prefer to accept, do not belittle them or make them feel dirty.

Everyone goes through obstacles in their lives that can impact the decision of sleeping around, it is not necessary to make them feel as if they are some sort of dirty object. Be open about your past, and most decent human beings will accept that nobody is perfect.

A body count is simply a number of people you have had sex with, it is simply a number. We learn numbers at a young age, they do not mean anything. You might have two more apples then Jim, does that matter? Will, that makes Jim be anything less than you or require judgment from Jim because you have more? Absolutely not.

Remember to accept your body count, own it, embrace it because it does not make you anything other than YOU.