7 Things To Help Boost Your Body Positivity This Week

Feel A Lil' Better: Because Your Body WILL Change And It IS Normal

21900

In the midst of a pandemic, many of us are experiencing changes. Whether that's going from an office to your couch or realizing how many goldfish you can eat in one sitting, our lives have been turned upside down! This isn't just impacting our routine — our bodies feel changes just as much as our brains recognize them. There are many reasons your body changes: age and stress are the main two, both including hormonal differences that often spark the changes you see.

As we're all stuck in our homes, we can add some other reasons for changing bodies: a difference in diet and exercise. Even if you're doing all the home workout videos you can get your hands on, a shelter in place order asks that you change the lifestyle you're used to! You're probably walking less, eating a little differently, and sleeping more! And that is totally fine — you're in a pandemic, there are bigger conversations to be had. No matter why your body is changing, you can't avoid it — it'll happen eventually.

Each week, we're bringing you the best resources and influencers to give you a health boost. Here's what we're following this week regarding the changes bodies experience.

Book: "Love Your Body, Love Your Life"

No matter what your body is doing, positive body image is crucial for both your physical and mental wellbeing. Sarah Maria gives you five, fool-proof steps in overcoming your body negativity and learning to truly love yourself at every stage.

Podcast: "Balance 365"

The founders of "Balance 365" talk all things wellbeing, including how to adapt to changes your body may experience. They discuss how to love your body while still being goal-oriented — loving your body doesn't mean never wanting to better it!

Instagram influencer: Nikki Pebbles

Nikki is truly a walking example of loving your body through different seasons. Having battled an eating disorder, hormonal shifts, and all the emotions that come with a changing body, Nikki's story is one that reminds everyone to treat themself with grace and respect, no matter what size they're at.

Twitter account: Danae Mercer

Danae Mercer is a health journalist who focuses on eating disorder recovery and body positivity. Her realistic view on beauty standards, body image, and problems facing today's women remind you that no one expects you to look like a Victoria's Secret angel.

YouTuber: Sierra Schultzzie

Sierra Schultzzie understands how body positivity and traditional health are often pitted against one another. She talks about respect and acceptance while reaching for your best self, no matter what stage you (and your body) is in.

Playlist: Self Love Playlist

No matter what your body is doing, it's time to do your hair toss, check your nails...

BONUS: Affirmation cards

Affirmation cards are cheesy little boosts of joy that every home needs. Tape them on your bathroom mirror, set one beside your coffee maker, display them on your kitchen table — place them wherever they can best cheer you on!

Is there a wellness resource you'd like to see featured? Send an email to lily.moe@theodysseyonline.com.

As an Amazon partner, Odyssey may earn a portion of qualifying sales.