Blogging Is A Spiritual Practice
Life Stages

Blogging Was The Ultimate Spiritual Practice That Filled Me With Purpose

It wasn't long after I started blogging that I realized what an important means of self-expression it is.

82

I was 14 years young, awfully timid and lacking self-esteem. All of a sudden, blogging stepped into my life — dragging purpose, value and passion along with it.

Or rather, it can be said that it dragged me into the blogosphere, instilling those three things that were missing in my life.

Blogging helps you to communicate your thoughts and opinions effectively. It makes you more self-aware and stouthearted.

I eventually found my voice and the strength that came with it — and to be frank, blogging was the first and only real stepping stone that helped me get there. No one is perfect, I know that. I also acknowledge and appreciate that, as a blogger, like any other human being, I am prone to making mistakes. I also recognize that I need to learn from these.

Blogging is similar to sky-diving. You don't really know what to expect before you do it, and you only feel the true euphoria once you have leapt into it. You might feel a little skeptical at first because the first leap to something bold and exciting is always the scariest. However, it will just feel like one of those never-ending, enlightening experiences. I guess in this case, the airplane would be your comfort zone and the parachute would be your inner-confidence.

So, I unleashed my confidence, and I didn't step but jumped, out of my comfort zone.

It wasn't long after I started blogging that I realized what an important means of self-expression it is. Whether you call it a blog or a website, having your own personalized corner in the vast digital landscape to write down your ideas and inspirations about life can be healing. It can teach you to know and appreciate yourself better. It can also unlock the power of your ingenuity and inspire you to manifest creativity that might otherwise stay hidden.

I didn't really know much about blogging before I started it, and that was really the beauty of it all. It was a spontaneous jump inspired by my willingness to discover more, and it's one that has instilled a great sense of direction and intimacy in me. I even started my own blogging club (BlogUnit) at school, one of my greatest accomplishments.

When I began blogging, I was unconsciously building memories that could be accessed anytime, anywhere. These memories are ones that I can share with the rest of the world. And, of course, the world will have something special and original to remember me by.

Beyond simply offering a means of self-expression through words, my blogs were full of graphics and visuals that accentuated the actual text that was being displayed.

I understand that people are making big bucks through blogging, but I'm in it for something much more valuable: the indescribable journey of self-discovery. You see, material and fame may wear out eventually, but experience lives on forever. And that is what I appreciate the most.