Poetry On Odyssey: Ode To My Favorite President

An Ode to my favorite President.

How your lips can murmur sweet nothings

Upon my ear

I can only hear the hope instilled

Upon me.

God, I love America.

Your insensitive word crimes

Only proves your dialect

And commitment

To this land of the free

And the economy

Your touch upon the children of America

Your impact is not unlike

The Red Scare, MK Ultra,

Japanese Internment camps,

Or even the War on Drugs

And other great accomplishments

Of this great nation

The gracious curse you bestow

Towards the children

In another country

I sure am glad

To be born freely

For I have no other choice

The justice you endow us with:

Words of love, except hatred

You will bring change

I have the patience

For this eventuality

My pity

Towards your elegant ways

Your sweet-talking phrases

Can make me forget

All of the promises you've made

The inhumane torture,

Can be a chore

So I will only focus on

Your conjecture

And policies that make me feel warm in my home

The sick people in the street

Wish they can see

The President in the light that I do.

Unpatriotic freaks

Would never storm the Capitol

You, you are the lesser of the two evils

So I will ignore all of the allegations against you

And I will dedicate my life

Towards your empowerment

For I am American

You may be the antichrist,

But I'm a good person

My vote counts towards you

And your satanic tendencies

For you are the lesser evil

But not the better good.

If history must repeat itself

Let it repeat

With you starring as Romulus

I have no care

For you will handle it graciously

Oh! Nation of love

And not of fear

My confidence is whole

As He keeps the water clean in the suburbs,

He drains the swamp for the alligators.

The equality in every state,

The cocaine shipped into every ghetto

The bare feet on the White House lawn

The bared teeth of the soldiers who fight

For the gasless stations

The warheads in your possession

Defines our intention

Of our boundless power

Of Nagasaki,

Of Hiroshima:

The desire for the world to fall like a tower.

For revenge is the key to equality and freedom.

The suppression of voices

The cries of Natives,

The tears of millions

Are swept under the White House grass

In order to insure

A more perfect Union.

You are the salvation for humanity

So, bomb the middle east

Lock those parentless kids in cages

Say those slurs

And torture those foreigners

Because I have faith in you,

And so do my neighbors.

1125248

712896

734724

473495

290739

431859

14 Last Minute Valentine's Day Gifts Your S.O. Will Love

If they love you, they're not going to care if you didn't get them some expensive diamond necklace or Rolex watch; they just want you.

290326

Let me preface this by saying I am not a bad girlfriend.

I am simply a forgetful one.

10 Helpful Tips For College Students Taking Online Courses This Semester

Here are several ways to easily pass an online course.

195202
Photo by Vlada Karpovich on Pexels

With spring semester starting, many college students are looking to take courses for the semester. With the pandemic still ongoing, many students are likely looking for the option to take online courses.

Online courses at one time may have seemed like a last minute option for many students, but with the pandemic, they have become more necessary. Online courses can be very different from taking an on-campus course. You may be wondering what the best way to successfully complete an online course is. So, here are 10 helpful tips for any student who is planning on taking online courses this semester!