I Tried 'Blind Date With A Book' And Here's How The Story Unfolded

I Went On A Blind Date With A Book, And I Can Safely Say It Was Better Than Being Sat Across From A Stranger

This round I'll enjoy a little romance through those pages and I am ready to watch a love story unfold, allowing me to be a silent spectator.

165
books

I've had a strong passion for reading pretty much for as long as I can remember. There's something about books that just always manages to transport me away from my reality, and I love it. The ability to escape and let my mind go on adventures to different places with different people is incredibly satisfying.

However, I sometimes struggle with actually picking out new books to read. When I go to a bookstore, it is easy to feel a little overwhelmed by the selection. And I, like many others, often judge a book by its' cover, and sometimes pass up what could've been a really great story all because I didn't like the cover art. So when I heard about "Blind Date With A Book," I was super excited to have the pressure taken off of me.

The premise of "Blind Date With A Book" is really simple. You don't get to see the title of the books you're looking at or the synopsis that would be found on the back.

Instead, each book shows up as an image with a few describing words to help you decide on what sounds good. The bestsellers of the site include "Spoof Fairy Tale," "Haunted House," and "Perilous Passion."

I personally went for "Baker's Delight," which was supposed to be a lovely romance that involved tea and an English castle. I don't know about you, but that's right up my alley, and I was beyond excited about receiving it.

The book ships from England, so it does take a while to get here. Mine took just a little under two weeks to arrive. When I opened the box, I was pleasantly surprised to see the book wrapped exactly as it has been on the website, complete with the twine bow. And no joke, I was ecstatic when I tore that wrapping off.

I got a really cute looking book that I had never heard of before. I haven't read a ton of the book so far, but I can say that it does live up to the descriptors! This round I'll enjoy a little romance through those pages and I am ready to watch a love story unfold, allowing me to be a silent spectator.

Honestly, I really enjoyed the overall experience of "Blind Date With A Book." The majority of the books are about $10 (not including shipping), and I really liked the surprise and intrigue that came along with it. I was eagerly anticipating the delivery of my book, and I was not at all disappointed. The book felt like something I would've picked for myself, and although I've only read a few chapters, I'm already sucked into the story.

The only real downside is that you can probably find the book they select for you on Amazon for less than $10, but you have no way of knowing that until you actually receive your book. But, if you enjoy the idea of getting surprised mail (especially bookish mail), and you sometimes struggle with picking out new books to read, then you might want to give "Blind Date With A Book" a try. I will definitely be returning for a second date.