The Blessing And Curse Of Having A Long-Distance Best Friend
Long Distance

It's A Blessing And A Curse Having A Long-Distance Best Friend, But Remember This

She's your person. She just happens to be far away.

400
Katy Dulany

You've heard all the cliché quotes: "Your best friend is like the stars, you can't always see her, but you always know she's there." And it's easy to roll your eyes because it doesn't make it any easier when you're having a bad day and all you want is a hug from your go-to girl, but she's thousands of miles away.

It isn't easy to have a long-distance best friend. And sometimes it can feel like the biggest inconvenience and curse, but other times it's the biggest blessing.

First, it teaches you to not take anything for granted and cherish the times you do have together.

You might not get to see each other all the time, and sometimes it can be months without seeing each other but when you do get together it's like no time has passed and you both know to cherish all the hugs and face-to-face contact because it won't last forever. It also helps you appreciate the friends you do get to see every day and not take them for granted because they're awesome too!

Second, it's always good to have someone far away to talk to.

Sometimes life is hard, or someone gets on your nerves and you just need to rant but you never want to risk it getting back to them. Having that best friend who will love you and listen to you rant and threaten to come and kill anyone hurting you even though they've never met any of the people you're talking about is truly a gift.

Third, you know that your friendship can last anything.

If you live thousands of miles away and can still call her your best friend; chances are it's going to last a lifetime. It's not always easy to figure out time zones, or class schedules, or to make time to talk on a regular basis. But they're your person still. You know they will always be there for you and you will always be there for them. You might not be able to go on late night ice cream runs or watch your favorite shows and movies together, but at the end of the day, it doesn't matter because you would do anything for each other and the long distance is worth it to call her your best friend.