5 Things Blair Waldorf Has Taught Me About Love & Self-Confidence

Have a little faith, and if that doesn't work, have a lot of mimosas.

302
Vogue

It is a truth universally acknowledged that Blair Waldorf is the strongest woman (character) to ever grace this planet. Despite continually feeling second-best and enduring incessant heartbreak, she remains triumphant, never failing to show her best face and Chloé purse to those of whom she deems worthy. Of course, being Queen B is never an easy endeavor; for there is always someone persistently waiting for the moment you fall from your pedestal. After all, the higher up you are the harder in which you fall back to reality. However, in spite of criticism, Miss. Waldorf has mastered this fall with as much ease as Grace Kelly, an acknowledgment that has forever inspired my inner queen….and all young girls alike with a desire to rule the world.

1. As the queen assures, sometimes a little self-confidence is a good thing, for it shows the world just how much potential you have to offer.

Unfortunately, sometimes people are going to try and belittle your confidence. They refuse to see all the good you have in your heart, and rather, only see you for face value… a strong, beautiful human being. Jealousy will ensue, and people will try to squash all optimism and joy you have in your life. Don’t’ let them, darling. These are only failed attempts to bring you down to their level, a new low that you born to overcome.

2. Go out and be the change you wish to see in the world! If you do not like something about yourself or society in general, change it.

At the end of the day, you are the only one in charge of your density; so do not let someone else write the story of your life. There are a plethora of dreams and aspirations bottled up within the deepest realms of your mind, just waiting for an initial spark of inspiration to transform them into realities.

3. Life will not always have a fairytale ending.

As much as I adore clichés and the beautiful princess going home with her handsome Prince Charming, life always seems to get in the way. However, even when your heart is torn to pieces and you find yourself crying on your bathroom floor, just begging for things to change, you have to find it within your soul to keep trying. Never loose faith. Continue to stay strong and prove to the world you cannot be defeated. Do not let anyone steal that perfectly-placed, shining crown from the top of your head.

4. Realize that everyone deserves their own Chuck Bass.

You are a queen who deserves to have someone think just as highly of you as you do your own self. It is important to know your own value and self-worth, never settling for anyone who makes you feel less than perfect. Being with someone who makes you want to be a better version of yourself is of the utmost necessity, and shouldn’t be ignored when seeking out a partner. Subsequently, if he or she falls short of everything mentioned above, you should not belittle your own character to fit the needs of your significant other. Stay true to yourself and your heart.

5. Most importantly, never give up on love.

There is no doubt that Blair went through hell and back in order to preserve her relationship with Chuck, a notion that made her all the more strong in the end. It was evident that they were doomed from the beginning, with him being a womanizer and she being a die-hard romantic. But, it is important to never forget that even the most unlikely of partnerships can flourish into a beautiful relationship...such as Chuck and Blair. Sometimes all you need is a little bit of courage to admit your true feelings to both yourself and your loved one, for love can be a scary thing to navigate, in the beginning. Just know, it is always worth it in the end.

Life may cause you to cry out in sadness, smile with happiness, and persevere with ambition, all at the same time. This doesn’t make you crazy… this just makes you a Waldorf.

XOXO.