4 Reasons Blacks Should Love Our President Trump

Why the president is actually good for the black community despite what critics say.

587
Bustle

As a conservative African American, it saddens me to see so many people in the black community have a strong hatred for Donald Trump without knowing much about his policies. Only 15% of African Americans approve of President Trump, but I believe many of his black haters have very little idea of the good things that have happened during his presidency and have been brainwashed into thinking that President Trump is racist. Here are some reasons why blacks should love having Donald Trump as president.

1. He's not racist.

We've all heard the rumors that President Trump is racist. These rumors are nothing more than ad hominem political attacks against the president to try and discredit him and take away the minority vote from him. While it is true that he was one of the people who claimed that Obama was not from America, it's likely that he was doing this just to get media attention. There has been no definitive proof that the president is racist.

2. The economy is doing well.

The stock market is reaching new highs, GDP growth for the last year has been 2.3 percent, and manufacturing jobs are on the rise again. A better economy creates more opportunity for African Americans to live better lives.

3. The African American unemployment rate is at the lowest rate ever recorded.

Due to Trump's business-friendly policies and rhetoric, companies are no longer living in fear, worrying that in the near future the government will try and screw them over and raise their taxes or raise the minimum wage. The new certainty that Trump creates allows them to invest more, which creates new jobs for all Americans which in turn helps African Americans find jobs. The African American unemployment rate fell to just 6.8 percent in December 2017.

4. Trump's immigration policies would benefit the black community the most.

Illegal immigrants come into the country and take jobs away from Americans. This is mostly true for African Americans. Illegal immigrants take away jobs that blacks have done in the past: being maids, landscaping, many factory jobs, window cleaning, etc. Not only do they take away potential jobs from Americans, they also drive the cost of labor down because many of them are willing to work for cheaper. This willingness to work for less money makes it so that Americans who work alongside immigrants (illegal or not) are forced to take pay cuts. Trump's deportation policies alongside something like the RAISE Act, which would create a merit-based immigration system in which high-skilled workers are brought in to fill the "skills gap," which is a bunch of job positions which go unfilled, would stop the process of immigrants coming in and taking jobs from African Americans.