Black Love: A Spoken Word

Black Love: A Spoken Word

In the spirit of Black History Month and the season of love, I felt it was necessary to share my take on black love and how incredibly important it is.

160
Black Love: A Spoken Word
thecut.com

When I think of black love,I wanna love someone the way that Whitley loved Dwayne and how Bow loves Dre or how Gina loved Martin or Monica loved Quincy...

I wanna be caressed by his silky dark chocolate skin,

be sunkissed by his soft juicy lips,

and adorned by his scandalously seductive smile

Black Love is something rare, I tell you...

It's a chemical compound that when combined with the perfect elements can be a force to be reckoned with...

It's a sense of essence, a feeling of power that literally screams BLACK POWER

Black Love is a vibe, It's a vibe that takes you to a whole notha level, out of this world, and then back down to earth because its power makes you feel oh-so whole,

whole like that last puzzle piece to your Kehinde Wiley masterpiece,

It gives you that undying strength, to show the world that we stand together like one love, as Bob Marley said...

Black love is nice and warm and rich like a hot a fudge sundae, it's just right and always hits the spot.

It's crisp and clean like a fresh pair of Nikes,

right out the box

Black love feels like royalty and regality,

He is my king and I am his queen,

When I thrive, he thrives, when I cry, he cries because he makes sure that I don't go through my pain alone.

Black love is something that can't be explained and can only be felt...

We are like supernovas riding the milky way as we merge our souls like the star-crossed lovers that the great power above intended for us to be…

Black love is a raisin in the sun, a beacon of life, a diamond in the rough, patiently waiting to be cleaned and polished, ensuring a happiness that lasts for all eternity...