Birthdays Are Insignificant?

Birthdays Are Insignificant?

Think Twice About That.
383

Every year, it's just what seems like another day, but it is not. It is "the day of birth". The day you were brought into this world. The day other lives changed forever, such as your siblings, parents, and friends. As you get older though, it may just seem like another day, but it is not.

As I just turned twenty while in college, my birthday truly just felt like another day in life: nothing special. Maybe it is because I attended classes all day and the day remained normal, but then I really thought about it.

I thought about the significance of a birthday.

A birthday is a time to tell someone how much you love them. To tell someone how grateful you are that they came into this world because they have blessed your life for the better.

A birthday is a time to show someone how you can't live without them, and a time to make them feel like the world would be a different place if it wasn't for their existence.

A birthday is special. Whether you view your birthday or others as just another ordinary day like I used to, change your mindset.

Next time a loved one in your life experiences a birthday, show them your love. Don't just buy them something nice. Write them a heartfelt card - tell them how much they mean to you.

What if your friend did not come into the world on the day they did? What if they simply never came into the world? Thankfully though, they did. They did on their birthday.

So first, change your mindset about the potential insignificance and thoughts that birthdays are overrated, and next, celebrate the birthday in the right way. Don't just buy someone a birthday present because "it is their birthday", but buy someone something that means something. Write a note to someone that means something.

A birthday is not just another day, it is a day of birth and a day that the world brings another human into the world who could indeed change the world.

Embrace the birthdays. The day of birth of others and yourself are a big day.