Netflix Shows

8 Best TV-Show Episodes To Watch While Procrastinating

If you're going to procrastinate, you'd better spend your time wisely.

63
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Logo_Netflix.png

Midterm season is upon us, and for the vast majority of us, that means a sea of essays, exams, and projects that appear to all be due at the same time. As college students, we should be able to manage our time wisely when it comes to tackling these academic obstacles, and that is exactly why we turn to our Netflix watchlists for some brain breaks. So sit back, relax, and try not to think about all the things you should be doing while you check out these iconic episodes from some of TV's best shows.

1. "The Office": "Stress Relief: Part 1"

The Office PartyingGiphy

With nine seasons full of eccentric characters and quote-worthy lines, NBC's "The Office" will definitely keep you occupied. Besides, if the employees of Dunder Mifflin can get up to their shenanigans and still do their work, so can you, right? In "Stress Relief: Part One," Dwight's spontaneous fire drill sends his coworkers into a panic, resulting in chaos in the office.

2. "Parks and Recreation": "Pawnee Rangers"

Treat Yourself Giphy

Fans of "The Office" have loved and will love "Parks and Recreation," which follows the employees at the Pawnee Parks and Recreation Department. While you're procrastinating your political science work, sit back and watch Leslie Knope navigate her own government office. In "Pawnee Rangers," Donna and Tom hold a 'Treat Yourself' day at the mall.

3. "Brooklyn 99": "Stakeout"

Brooklyn 99 CelebrationGiphy

Subject to sudden cancellation and spontaneous revival, "Brooklyn 99" has been gaining popularity and adoration over the past few months. Following the day-to-day events of the titular precinct, "Brooklyn 99" will have you quoting lines and adoring characters within its pilot episode.

4. The CW's DC Comics Shows--"Invasion!"

Whether you're a die-hard comic fan or new to the world of DC, the CW's superhero shows -- "Arrow," "The Flash," "Supergirl," "Legends of Tomorrow," and "Black Lightning" -- have taken the world by storm. While each show follows one superhero and their team fight crime in their respective cities, the superheroes team up to fight supernatural enemies--just like you and your group attempting to finish this midterm project. In "Invasion!", Flash, Arrow, Supergirl, and the Legends have to team up against alien invaders.

5. "Riverdale":"The Town That Dreaded Sundown"

Archie and VeronicaGiphy

When murder strikes, Archie Andrews, Veronica Lodge, Betty Cooper, and Jughead Jones take it upon themselves to solve the mystery--while trying to stay alive themselves. The sleepy town of Riverdale is full of secrets that both you and its main cast of characters will be attempting to solve all through the night. In "The Town That Dreaded Sundown", Archie, Betty, Veronica, and Jughead try to solve the mystery of the Black Hood's identity as the killer continues to lurk the streets of Riverdale.

6. "Friends": "The One Where Everybody Finds Out"

Friends ApplauseGiphy

If you haven't at least seen one episode of "Friends" by now, I'll assume you've been living under a rock. A classic sitcom since the nineties, "Friends" follows the lives of six friends living in New York City. If the iconic group and their respective hijinks aren't relatable, the theme song surely is. In "The One Where Everybody Finds Out," Phoebe and Rachel have to prove that Monica and Chandler are in a relationship, but things quickly spiral out of control.

7. "American Horror Story": "Halloween"

American Horror Story TitlecardGiphy

It's fitting that midterm season falls right in October, the spookiest (and in my opinion, best) month of the year, so what better way to ring it in than binge-watching one of television's spookiest shows? From "Murder House" and "Asylum" to "Cult" and "Apocalypse," "American Horror Story" establishes a chilling plot and setting from the beginning of each of its seasons, perfect for drawing you in as the nights start to get longer. In the two-part episode "Halloween," the Harmons endure their first Halloween at the Murder House, while Violet and Tate flee the house, pursued by restless spirits.

8. "Stranger Things": "The Mind Flayer"

Excited Stranger Things KidsGiphy

Having taken the world by storm since its premiere in 2016, "Stranger Things" follows the events of a small Indiana town when one of its children goes missing. Frankly, if the kids of "Stranger Things" can fight demogorgons and debunk government secrets, then you can manage your time to binge-watch the show and then finish your homework. In "The Mind Flayer," everyone must work together to escape the demodogs and save Will as the Mind Flayer grows more powerful.

Which episode is your favorite?