You Need To Watch These 11 Netflix Documentaries

11 Netflix Documentaries That Will Make You Ditch The Essay Due At Midnight And Binge Watch For Hours

Who doesn't love a good Netlfix documentary?

1177

In school, they used to force us to watch documentaries all the time. For some reason, at that age, they were boring and I hated when we had to watch them, and pay attention so we could answer the questions on the worksheet the teacher passed out.

However, now that I am older, I am a sucker for a good documentary. It could be the music, the tone of the voice in them, or my thirst for knowledge, but I am addicted to them. Netflix is pulling out some top-notch documentaries and changing the game, which means more binge-watching. I am using my binge-watching for good and made a list of the best documentaries that you need to watch now. Check them out below:

1. "Terrorism Close Calls"

"Law enforcement officials look back on attempted terrorist attacks that were thwarted in the nick of time." This documentary takes you behind the scenes of terrorist attacks that were prevented. It is interesting to see how terrorist organizations work and how hard governments work to keep their people safe.

2. "Conversations With a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes"

"Present-day interviews, archival footage and audio recordings made on death row form a searing portrait of notorious serial killer Ted Bundy."

I think we are so fascinated by serial killers because of how they think and act. It is so unnatural that it is interesting to see if someone is born a serial killer, or made into one. This documentary on Ted Bundy shows interviews, footage with Bundy, and goes over every move he made as he killed across the United States. You even get an interview with the woman who escaped from Bundy.

3. "Evil Genius: the True Story of America's Most Diabolical Bank Heist" 

"This baffling true crime story starts with the grisly death of a pizza man who robs a bank with a bomb around his neck -- and gets weirder from there."

This documentary shook me. It was so crazy, I made my family watch it and I rewatched it. This story is so crazy and filled with many layers of plotting and planning. One of my favorites that Netflix has.

4. "Wild Wild Country"

"When a controversial cult leader builds a utopian city in the Oregon desert, conflict with the locals escalates into a national scandal."

I couldn't keep my eyes off the screen. This documentary plays like a crazy movie. It's hard to understand that this actually happened, but if it wasn't so crazy it wouldn't be a documentary. There are some explicit content and swearing.

5. "The Staircase"

"Accident or murder? After the mysterious death of his wife, author Michael Peterson watches his life go under the microscope."

Did he do it? This Netflix documentary investigates the death of an author's wife. Like all murder mysteries, this one has lots of twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat.

6. "Trump: An American Dream" 

"Friends, associates and critics reveal the truly American story of Donald Trump, the brash businessman who defied the odds to become U.S. president."

Regardless of your political beliefs, this documentary goes over President Trump's life and how he got to where he is.

7. "Inside the Criminal Mind" 

"Explore the psychological machinations and immoral behavior that define the most nefarious types of criminals."

This is basically if you took Criminal Minds and a documentary, and meshed them together.

8. "November 13: Attack on Paris"

"Survivors and first responders share personal stories of anguish, kindness and bravery that unfolded amid the Paris terror attacks of Nov. 13, 2015."

If you know the basics of what happened in the attack on Paris in 2015, but want more information about what happened, then this documentary is for you. You learn the personal stories of everyone who was affected by this tragedy and what happened after.

9. "FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened" 

"The Fyre Festival was billed as a luxury music experience on a posh private island, but it failed spectacularly in the hands of a cocky entrepreneur."

This documentary of a festival scam that tricked many people into spending tons of money for a tent and a bottle of water just goes to show how extra people will go to with the fear of missing out and to get that great Instagram shot.

10. "The Bible Miniseries"

"The Bible is an epic 5-week TV mini-series premiering 3.3.13 on the History Channel from Emmy winning husband & wife team, Mark Burnett & Roma Downey."

This is an interesting take on bringing The Bible to life. If you want a look at the Bible from the scope of watching it through the screen, then this is for you.

11.  "Abducted in Plain Sight"

"A young girl is kidnapped by the families best friend and neighbor. Twice!"

This insane story will leave you speechless. I know I am.