Big 12 Schools As Parks And Rec. Characters

Grab some waffles and your pigskin, lets talk football.

99
Sporting News

The Big 12, home to 10 schools and seen in 5 states is home to some of the best universities in the nation. Whether you like the Big 12 for the academics or sports, everyone can agree that they want to know which Parks and Rec character each school is like.

Baylor- Tom Haverford

Baylor University, located in Waco TX is most like Tom Haverford because Tom is somewhat educated and a tad narcissistic. Although not many hate Tom, people do become very annoyed with him. Tom believes that he is the best and often becomes fixated on money and flashy objects which coincides with Baylor's tuition that costs approximately $54,000 a year. Also Tom can be inappropriate at times, much like Baylor has been. In regards to athletics, Baylor Football is a lot like Tom as Tom is quite unthletic.

Iowa State- Craig Middlebrooks

Iowa State University, located in Ames IA, is most like Craig Middlebrooks. Craig who was brought on Parks as a latter to Donna, is like a lost puppy as Iowa State feels without their state rival of Iowa. Iowa State are known as the cyclones, much like Craig is. ISU is at the bottom of the Big 12 football rankings, much like Craig would be the list of calm work associates.

Kansas- Chris Traeger

University of Kansas, located in Lawrence KS, takes on Chris Traeger. Kansas having one of the top medical programs in the nation makes them a perfect fit for the health concious. Although Chris is very particular in his activites, football is not one of his many athletic activies, much like that of the Kansas football team.

Kansas State- Leslie Knope

Kansas State University, located in Manhattan KS, resembles one Leslie Knope. Leslie is known for being involved in anything and everything which is fitting for KSU as it has over 250 possible undergraduate degrees and over 450 organizations to join on campus. Following along with Leslie's involvement, KSU tries to be involved in football, however continuously falls short. Hopefully that means the players are taking more time to study rather than play ball.

Oklahoma- Ben Wyatt

University of Oklahoma, located in Norman OK, is much like Ben Wyatt. Ben is a big nerd, much that of the sooners which has remarkable aerospace and engineering schools. Ben is liked by most everyone much like Oklahoma. Ben is reasonable as going to Oklahoma is as being a sooner means school and sports are important.

Oklahoma State- Ann Perkins

Oklahoma State University, located in Stillwater OK, is the Ann Perkins of the conference. OKState was very relevant in football standings and has since fallen off the radar of the playoff committee, much like Ann who was a fan favorite who then left and everyone forgot about.

Texas- Jerry Gergich

University of Texas takes the look of Jerry Gergich. Jerry, also know as: Terry, Larry, and Garry is like Texas who is know as: Longhorns, tu, and UTexas. Although Texas doesn't do many things wrong when it come schooling, everyone hates the University of Texas, much like everyone dislikes Jerry. Also like Texas football, Jerry tries his best. Sadly his best, like the football team's, doesn't even make it to the rankings.

TCU- Donna Meagle

Texas Christian University, located in Fort Worth TX is a snap shot of Donna Meagle. Donna is smart, funny, and enjoys the finer things in life. TCU is known for giving its students everything needed and even goes the extra mile to make sure its just right. Donna is one of the fan favorites of the Parks department, much like TCU football is.

Texas Tech- April Ludgate

Texas Tech University, located in Lubbock TX, takes shape of one April Ludgate. April's favorite color is black, so it is only fitting that Texas Tech is most like April. Also, April is one of the attractive characters on the show, much like Tech's football coach, Kliff Kingsbury. Tech flies below the radars for football standings, much like April as she doesn't like drawing attention to herself.

West Virginia- Andy Dwyer

University of West Virginia, located in Morgantown WV, is much like Andy Dwyer. Andy doesn't even work in the parks department until later, like West Virginia who joined the Big 12 in 2012. Andy is often forgotten about as his story doesn't follow many of the Parks department's agenda, much like people forget that West Virginia is even in the Big 12. However, WV tries to have a voice in football for the Big 12, just as Andy adds character and humor to the show.

*As you have realized Ron Swanson was not compared to a Big 12 school, this is because Ron does not necessarily believe in higher education and the fact that teams are broken up into conferences.