Bible, Spiritual, Christian, God, Seeking Help

15 Bible Verses To Help You Get Through Trying Times

When life takes a hard left, sometimes all you can do is hold on tight and pray.

64

The thing about life is that you'll never know where it may take you. For me as of the moment, I'm thousands of miles away from where I grew up, living a totally unexpected life, and I'm constantly twisting and experiencing new scenarios. I live through both the highs: walks on the beach, family nights, laughing with my friends— and the lows: losing friends, losing loved ones and needing to pick myself back up. The way I cope is normally through conversation: having one person to talk to and offer advice.

But when times get rough, I turn to God. Here are 15 Bible verses that have helped me get through the worst of times.

1. Psalm 5:3

"In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly."

2. Philippians 3:13-14

"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

3. Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

4. Isaiah 41:10

"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God: I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

5. Isaiah 43:2

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you."

6. Matthew 6:25

"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on... Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these."

7.Revelation 1:17

"Then He placed His right hand on me and said: Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last."

8. Zephaniah 3:17

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you with his love; he will rejoice over you with loud singing."

9. Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"

10. Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

11. Deuteronomy 31:8

"The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

12. Psalm 32:8

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."

13. 2 Peter 3:9

"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."

14. Isaiah 43:19

"See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland."

15. Romans 12:1-2

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."