Bible Verses Every Catholic Should Know

Bible Verses Every Catholic Should Know

1176

People commonly say that Catholic teachings are not Biblical or Christian. Well, that is in fact, incorrect. The Catholic church was actually the first Christian church after Jesus died on the cross. If you're a Catholic, you should familiarize yourself with these Bible verses and remember them when you live out your life. Many of these verses you've probably heard before.

James 2:14-17

“What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, 'Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,' but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.”

1 John 5: 16-17

“If anyone sees his brother committing a sin not leading to death, he shall ask and God will for him give life to those who commit sin not leading to death. There is a sin leading to death; I do not say that he should make request for this. All unrighteousness is sin, and there is a sin not leading to death.”

Philippians 2:12

“Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling”

John 20:22-23

"And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

2 Maccabees 12:43-45

"He then took up a collection among all his soldiers, amounting to two thousand silver drachmas, which he sent to Jerusalem to provide for an expiatory sacrifice. In doing this he acted in a very excellent and noble way, inasmuch as he had the resurrection of the dead in view; for if he were not expecting the fallen to rise again, it would have been useless and foolish to pray for them in death. But if he did this with a view to the splendid reward that awaits those who had gone to rest in godliness, it was a holy and pious thought. Thus he made atonement for the dead that they might be freed from this sin.".

2 Thessalonians 2:15

“So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter.”

James 2:24

“A person is justified by works and not by faith alone.”

2 Kings 13:21

And as a man was being buried, lo, a marauding band was seen and the man was cast into the grave of Elisha; and as soon as the man touchedthe bones of Elisha, he revived, and stood on his feet.

Matthew 19:12

“Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it”

1 John 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness

Acts 2:38-39

“Peter (said) to them, 'Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the holy Spirit. For the promise is made to you and to your children and to all those far off, whomever the Lord our God will call.'”

Matthew 16:18

“And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it”

Proverbs 28:13

"He who conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy."

James 5:16

Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects

Phillipians 1:29

For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,

Revelation 4:8

And the four living creatures, each of them with six wings, are full of eyes all round and within, and day and night they never cease to sing,"Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"