11 Bible Verses For The Stressed-Out College Student

Perfect love casts out fear.

7071

I need to start this post by being transparent. This week I have been nothing short of a hot mess. After a week of missed deadlines, lack of sleep, and anxiety, I felt extremely defeated. Then, as God often does, He put a quote right in front of me that hit me hard. It was by Lisa Whittle and it stated, “I need God to consume me more than my life currently does." Those words were exactly what I needed to hear in that moment of defeat. The Lord was gently reminding me that the only way I can get the peace that I so desperately wanted was to get in the Word and let His promises fill me. These are the 11 verses that stuck out to me and comforted me most. As college students, we all go through extreme stress and anxiety. I wanted to share these verses with you so that, instead of being debilitated by our anxieties, we will grow.

1. Psalm 37:23

"The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives."

2. Psalm 94:19

"In the multitude of anxieties within me, your comforts delight my soul."

3. Psalm 143:8

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love."

4. Exodus 14:14

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

5. Isaiah 43:4

“You are precious in my eyes and honored and I love you."

6. Hebrews 11:1

“Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see"

7. Colossians 3:23

“Whatever you do, work heartily, as working for the Lord and not for men."

8. Isaiah 43:1

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine."

9. 1 Corinthians 16:14

“Let all that you do, be done in love"a

10. Colossians 3:15

"And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful."

11. 2 Corinthians 12:9

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

Whenever you are feeling exhausted and defeated, breathe deeply and read these verses over and over until you feel His peace wash over you and you remember to whom you belong. God has every detail of your life orchestrated perfectly. He loves you endlessly and you can rest in that.