17 Bible Verses You Need To Help Calm Your Anxiety

For those of you who are struggling with anxiety, fear, anger, or letting the stresses of life get to you, I want you to know one thing: God is in control. The things of the world may come against you and will often cloud your thoughts but here are 17 scriptures that I believe can deliver you from this state. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 94:19

When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

1 Peter 5:6-8

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

2 Thessalonians 3:16

Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all.

Psalm 23:1-6

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and loving kindness will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Proverbs 12:25

Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, But a good word makes it glad.

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.

Hebrews 13:6

So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Psalm 34:4

I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Romans 8:31

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Psalm 56:3

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.

2 Timothy 1:7

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Joshua 1:9

This is my command - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Psalm 27:1

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?