My BFF Planned Her Wedding In A Week And Here's How It Went

What, like it's hard?
113

My best friend moved to Colorado right after college graduation. A few months after being out there her boyfriend popped the big question! Shortly thereafter she asked me a pretty big, and somewhat intimidating, question, herself: “Shannon, will you be my maid of honor?” Of course, I said yes, and I am so excited to help make her wedding the wedding of her dreams!

Her wedding is ten months away, but since she lives on the other side of the country and we have to battle a time difference, when she was home for the holidays this past week it was wedding central. You should have seen her schedule. Since this past week was most likely the last time she will be in town until the big day the challenge to conquer was to plan as much of the wedding as humanly possible in seven days.

She had her dress appointment, hair appointment, and makeup appointment. She also had scheduled meetings with the venue, photographer, and pastor. It was such a hectic week for her and it amazes me how she didn’t wind up looking like a chicken running around with its head chopped off.

While keeping her focus and her sanity, she was able to pull everything off. Literally, everything for this wedding is falling into place so perfectly. In one appointment we found her dress and all three bridesmaid dresses. Everything using flowers is completed; she decided to use silk flowers because they will last forever, and she and her mother tediously put together every bouquet, corsage, boutonniere, and several of the centerpieces. Plus, she has already picked out all the hairstyles for her bridal party as well.

If you ask me, in order for this amount of planning to happen so smoothly, every star, moon, and planet had to be aligned for this amazing couple! Cheers!, to the future Mr. and Mrs.