21 Subreddits You Didn't Know Existed

21 Subreddits That You Didn't Know Existed

Get your news, funny cat videos, and relationship advice all in the same app.

1074
@reddit Instagram

We all have separate social media accounts for different things: Instagram is for pictures of friends and celebrities we wish we knew, Facebook is used to keep up with our friends' and family's lives (even if you're only Facebook friends because of that one strange mutual), Tumblr holds the secret fandom blogs that we all love, covered up in a feed full of humor. And sure, these apps get the job done; they're entertaining, they kill time - what's not to love? But there is one social media outlet that flies under the radar until you stumble upon it in the app store and think to yourself, I could use some more social media presence. There is one app that can do all of the above and so much more - if you know how to use it.

That app is Reddit.

You've probably heard of it, but didn't give it much thought or, if you did, forgot about it because of the somewhat complicated setup. Oh, making an account is easy, but getting started with content is the hard part simply because of the sheer amount of options you have. Of course, you'll be given the default subreddits, the ones that appear for everyone first. Sports, world news, pics, the general ones. But when you delve deep, you can find some pretty fun subreddits - or some not so fun ones, if that's something you're into. These are my personal top subreddits (spoiler: at least half of them are animal-related).

1. r/AnimalsBeingDerps

It isn't just dogs that are weird either.

2. r/AskReddit

There are all kinds of questions asked here, and a myriad of responses to spend hours reading.

3. r/BigCatGifs

They're just really big cats, right? It won't hurt me to pet them?

4. r/ColorizedHistory

It's incredibly cool how talented some people are, and it's easy to see in this subreddit.

5. r/EarthPorn

Sometimes I forget how beautiful our home is, but this is a good reminder.

6. r/Eyebleach

This is the place to go when you've seen or heard something really gross and you want to be distracted by cuteness.

7. r/gameofthrones

I did say that access to fandom content is available too, right?

8. r/happycowgifs

You'll never forget how cute cows can be again.

9. r/harrypotter

Get your spoilers, complaints about J.K. Rowling, and awesome discussion posts here!

10. r/HumansBeingBros

Faith in humanity restored (mostly).

11. r/nocontextpics

No explanation for the picture. None.

12. r/NatureIsFuckingLit

Pardon the language, but it is REALLY lit.

13. r/pettyrevenge

Let's face it, we all love a good revenge story.

14. r/puppies

The purest creatures on earth.

15. r/relationships

Can be a good place to get relationship advice. Can also be a good place to read about other people's problems and wonder how that even happens.

16. r/TalesFromRetail

They've seen it all.

17. r/tippytaps

Seriously, we do not deserve these perfect beings.

18. r/unexpectedhogwarts

I love seeing other nerds out in the wild.

19. r/Whatcouldgowrong

A reminder that humans will always be inherently stupid.

20. r/worldnews

To get serious for a moment, it's always good to be informed about what's going on in other parts of the world, even if we think there is no relation to our own lives.

21. r/zoomies

Mostly dogs, but a surprising number of other animals also enjoy a good zoomie every now and then.