11 Musicals That Will Brighten Your Life

11 Non-Basic Musicals That Will Rock Your Socks Off If You're Over Hamilton

These are the best musicals I have ever seen and no one can tell me otherwise.

95

About nine years ago, my sister and I were watching those old Potter Puppet Pals YouTube videos when a suggested video popped up: "A Very Potter Musical: Act 1, Part 1". Naturally, we were intrigued, given our obsession with Harry Potter and the way we grew up. We watched the entire musical in one night, a musical that was written and performed by college theater students who just wanted to have a good time. It was a wonderful, hilarious production that I adore to this day. Over time, they graduated from college but continued to produce their amateur musicals, and I have watched each one religiously. If you are ever in need of a laugh or just something to watch, these are excellent.

1. A Very Potter Musical

From Darren Criss's interpretation of Harry to Lauren Lopez's hysterical rendition of Malfoy and his Slytherin personality, there is no end to the laughter. Each character is over-acted and it is fabulous.

2. Me and My Dick

A young man forgets about his heart when he becomes best friends with his penis. The best and most realistic love story.

3. A Very Potter Sequel

Joe Walker is the perfect Umbridge, and steals the show from the main characters.

4. Starship

A bug wants to leave his bug life behind and become a starship ranger.

5. Holy Musical B@man

Batman is all alone in the world and Superman is a loser that no one wants to be friends with. And all of them wear underwear over their tights.

6. A Very Potter Senior Year

The final installment of the "Very Potter" trilogy is a stage reading that was performed live at LeakyCon and gives us a final goodbye to Darren Criss, who portrayed Harry Potter in all of them, and a special guest Evanna Lynch, who played Luna Lovegood in the actual films.

7. Twisted

25.media.tumblr.com

A parody of "Aladdin" in which Jafar is not necessarily the villain...

8. The Trail to Oregon!

shortstorylongblog.files.wordpress.com

It's a build-your-own adventure in which you choose the names of the family members and where they came from! It's a wild ride on the Trail to Oregon.

9. Ani: A Parody

thumbs.gfycat.com

It's a "Star Wars" parody that is different than the rest of Starkid's productions in a few ways.

10. Firebringer

media.tenor.com

There was a world before fire...and a world after. And this is the greatest tribe in the world.

11. The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals

i1.wp.com

It's the zombie apocalypse, but everyone infected can't help but sing!