10 Best Sports Movies Streaming On Netflix

If you're a sports fanatic, Netflix is probably the last place you go to fulfill your need for quality sports films. The "sports movie" movie selection is filled with Netflix originals and foreign films that might deter sports fans from scrolling to find the gems that Netflix does offer. This list is here to help you get in and get out of the "sports movie" category Netflix misses the mark so severely on.

1. "Hoosiers" (1986)

Arguably one of the greatest basketball films of all-time, Hoosiers is a feel good film that teaches valuable life lessons about respect, teamwork, humility, discipline and faith.

2. "Miracle" (2004)

Kurt Russell portrays U.S. men's ice hockey coach, Herb Brooks, in a beautiful sports film reliving the David and Goliath story between the USA and Soviet Union in the 1980 Winter Olympics.

3. "42" (2013)

An inspirational, eye-opening film about Jackie Robinson and Branch Rickey's stand against racism. "42" showcases the legacy of Jackie Robinson on the field as well as off the field as he breaks barriers of prejudice that reach beyond the game of baseball.

4. "The Fighter" (2010)

Based on the real-life story of Micky Ward, "The Fighter" is a captivating boxing drama depicting the hard knocks of chasing your dreams while growing up in lower-class Massachusetts. Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, and Amy Adams excellently portray Micky's depressing hardships within his family and the boxing ring with soul, dry humor and grit.

5. "Goon" (2011)

Sean William Scott plays a gentle giant, Doug Glatt, a horrible hockey player with a big heart and one hell of a punch. "Goon" is a raunchy sports comedy that is guaranteed to make you laugh and cringe at the gory fights the enforcer faces, heightening his rise to minor league hockey stardom.

6. "The Benchwarmers" (2006)

Produced by Adam Sandler, "The Benchwarmers" utilizes a star-studded comedic cast of Rob Schneider, David Spade, Jon Heder, and Nick Swardson to deliver numerous outrageous laughs in a funny twist of an underdog story.

7. "The Waterboy" (1998)

Who would've thought a socially awkward water boy for the University of Louisiana would evolve into the hero college football needed but didn't deserve? "The Waterboy" is a legendary sports comedy filled with iconic quotes that transcend the era the movie was originally released.

8. "The Carter Effect" (2017)

"The Carter Effect" is a beautiful tribute documentary about the eight-time NBA all-star Vince "Half-Man/Half-Amazing" Carter. The documentary gives you an inside look at the "founding father" effect Vince Carter had upon basketball as well as the entire country of Canada. Legendary tales come to light from some of the world's greatest players who faced off against Carter on the hardwood, as well as exclusive insight from Carter himself.

9. "Bill Durham" (1988)

"Bill Durham" is a romantic sports comedy film starring Kevin Costner as Crash Davis, a minor league baseball veteran for Durham Bulls based out of Durham, North Carolina. Crash Davis falls for a Durham Bulls "groupie," Annie Savoy, played by Susan Sarandon while moving down to single-A minor league baseball to help players develop.

10. "Iverson" (2014)

"Iverson" showcases the rise of Allen Iverson majorly through his own words. Allen Iverson fought adversity due to the "thug" perception held above his head throughout his time in the NBA. The documentary beautifully tells the story of Allen Iverson, his impact on basketball and the culture surrounding the game regardless of others' ignorant beliefs.