13 Songs To Keep You Motivated While Running

Running is a whole lot easier when you're having fun.

228

Recently I have started training for my first running race - a half marathon. I've done my research, looked at different training guides, tried to get all the information I need for success. And all of this is very important. But what I've found is that to really do well on your runs, you need a great playlist. So without further ado, I present to you some of the best songs to keep you motivated during your runs.

1. "Dirty Little Secrets"

This is a perfect pump up song. Plus who doesn't love a good throwback.

2. "Born To Run"

What better way to motivate yourself to run than with Bruce Springsteen encouraging you to run? The answer is there isn't one.

3. "Lose Yourself"

Probably one of the best running songs out there. This is perfect to keep you going whether to warm you up and push you when you're starting to feel tired.

4. "Seven Army Nation"

There's something about this song that just makes you feel tough. Or maybe that's just me? Either way, add this one to your playlist.

5. "Shut Up And Dance"

Running is a lot easier when you have some fun and this is definitely a fun one.

6. "Livin' On A Prayer"

Truly a classic. When you're feeling tired and not sure how much more you can do, blast the Bon Jovi and you can do it.

7. "Wings"

Not only is this beat perfect for running, but it will make you feel like you can do anything. The girls of Little Mix are some girl bosses, and with this one, you'll feel like one too.

8. "Thnks fr th Mmrs"

If this wasn't your jam in middle school, what were you doing? I personally love this song. It never fails to get me pumped up.

9. "The Phoenix"

Another Fall Out Boy jam on here. This one may not be as well-known as some of their others, but this one is perfect for running. It's tough and edgy. When this one comes on, it just makes me want to run faster.

10. "Marry The Night"

Almost any Lady Gaga song is a great addition to your running playlist, but I love this one particularly for working out. There's just something about this song that perfectly goes with running.

11. "Hey Ya"

How could you not have this one on your playlist? There's nothing left to say.

12. "Eye Of The Tiger"

Arguably the most classic workout song ever. If this could motivate Rocky to run up those steps and dramatically throw is fists in the air, then it can motivate you to run that extra mile.

13. "You Make My Dreams"

I personally love some throwbacks to my playlist, if you couldn't tell already. Like with most songs on this list, it's simply fun and will keep your spirits high even when your energy is low.

The biggest thing to help you keep going when running is having fun. And the best way to do that is with the music you listen to. Pick your favorites, have a variety and, of course, have fun.

So enjoy and happy running!