13 Of The Best Simple Plan Songs From Over the Years

"I won't be pushed around, I won't be backing down."

6177
informador.com

Finally, it’s here. Simple Plan’s new album dropped this past Friday, and I made it my mission to go out and buy it the second it was released. Being a longtime fan of Simple Plan, I had no idea what to expect from their new album; over the years they have deviated a bit from their more authentic pop/punk sound. But I love this album, even though it has its pop/punk variations and even some beachy vibes.

Simple Plan is back everyone, and they came back swinging. So, in honor of the release of their new album, "Taking One For The Team," here are some of the best Simple Plan songs, from their first album all the way to their new one.

1. "I’d Do Anything" ("No Pads, No Helmets… Just Balls")

One of my all-time favorites for sure. It’s so catchy and captures the old school pop/punk sound of Simple Plan, given it was off the first album they ever released. You might have heard it at the end of the movie "The Hot Chick."

2. "Addicted" ("No Pads, No Helmets… Just Balls")

I can’t even describe my love for this song. I've loved it ever since I was a kid. Relatable? No doubt, and I’m sure almost everyone would agree. Plus, the music video epitomizes the skater punk look that was my childhood in the neighborhood I grew up in.

3. "I’m Just a Kid" ("No Pads, No Helmets… Just Balls")

I feel like this song just defines a generation of teenagers in the 1990s and early 2000s. It's the anthem for when you felt misunderstood. Is that too much of a bold statement? Yeah? Oh well, I’m making it anyway because this song is amazing.

4. "Shut Up" ("Still Not Getting Any…")

Can this song ever not make you feel better about anything? I don’t think so. It’s such an aggressive song that is so in-your-face and I love it. Anytime I’m feeling annoyed with someone or something I just listen to this song and it’s like instant relief.

5. "Promise" ("Still Not Getting Any…")

This song is a more under-the-radar track from Simple Plan, but the whole sound of it is typical Simple Plan — and who doesn’t want that?

6. "Time to Say Goodbye" ("Simple Plan")

Simple Plan’s self-titled album is the one that started the deviation from their original sound and tone in general, but this particular song could have definitely been found on "Still Not Getting Any..." or even on "No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls." It just has that sound to it.

7. "You Suck at Love" ("Get Your Heart On!")

This song is so incredibly catchy. I usually sing it so loud, it’s as if I actually dealt with something like it (luckily I haven’t). But if I ever did, this song would be my go-to. No doubt it's in my mind when I’m feeling any type of anger. It may not make sense, but that’s what I do because it’s the best.

8. "Loser of the Year" ("Get Your Heart On!")

When I first heard this song, I liked it, but I didn’t love it. But it really grew on me and I listen to it all the time now. I just love the lyrics: “I’m a loser, if I lose her.” Love the play on words.

9. "Out of My System" ("Get Your Heart On – The Second Coming!")

For some reason a lot of people aren’t as familiar with Simple Plan’s EP “Get Your Heart On – The Second Coming!” This is one of my favorite songs from that EP, and for some reason it is one of my favorite Simple Plan bridges.

10. "The Rest of Us" ("Get Your Heart On – The Second Coming!")

Another song off their EP that was released shortly after “Get Your Heart On,” and it’s just about how it's totally fine to be an average everyday person. But at the same time (and I hate to say this because it’s so cliché, but honestly there is no other way to put it) it’s an anthem about being your own crazy weird self and just embracing that.

11. "Opinion Overload" ("Taking One For The Team")

This is the best song off their new album. Usually the singles aren’t my absolute favorites, but this one is. It is guitar-driven, the lyrics are Simple Plan to a tee, and it’s such a great track. Well done, Simple Plan. I listen to this one maybe six times a day.

12. "I Refuse" ("Taking One For The Team")

This song is one of the more nostalgic tracks to me because everything about it reminds me of their first two albums and growing up with them. The guitar, the drums, the background chorus shouting: it’s just the Simple Plan I love.

13. "P.S. I Hate You" ("Taking One For The Team")

This song has the kind of lyrics that Simple Plan are always able to write. It’s that teen angst that Simple Plan is best known for, and even though they are in their 30s now, they are still exactly the same, saying “P.S. I Hate You” in the greatest way possible.