5 Restaurants Everyone Should Visit In Athens, Ohio

Court Street is known as Ohio's most eccentric half-mile for a reason.

28
Anna Kropov

Athens, Ohio is the brick road town that is home to Ohio University's main campus. It an adorable place full of so much life and history, so it goes without saying that I recommend everyone to visit there at least once! Here are five places you should visit the next time you're visiting us bobcats.

1. The North End

@northend_kitchenandbar

Brand new to Athens is the Court Street restaurant North End! If you want Tacos more than just on Tuesdays and a variety of margaritas to choose from, look no further than here.

2. Pigskin Bar and Grill

@the_pigskin

Every Wednesday, they offer a pound of wings for only $5, and trust me, they're delicious! Plus, the music they play is always dance-worthy.

3. Broney's Alumni Grill

@broneys_ou

Not only do they have amazing champagne slushies, but they also have good food too. You can grab dinner, stay for drinks and enjoy ladies' nights (during non-COVID times) on Fridays and Saturdays!

4. Donkey Coffee

@donkeycoffeeohio

Donkey is my personal favorite coffee shop. They have a very quiet, relaxed, comfortable atmosphere and an aesthetic vibe to the place with two floors of seating for you to enjoy. On certain nights (during non-COVID times), they even have open mic nights in their back room, where there's even a piano available for you to play! I love the staff and I could easily fall asleep on their many couches.

5. Brenen's Coffee Cafe

New outdoor patio at Brenen's

@brenens_coffee_cafe

If you're looking for a bistro vibe and a bigger space to study, Brenen's is for you! They have great sandwich and coffee combos, a really big seating area, and tables wide enough for you to spread out all your materials for a study session. It has a more modern vibe than say, Donkey, and it's very popular.

All the wonderful places I've mentioned don't encompass all that Court Street or Athens has to offer in general, but it's a good preview! Keep your head on your shoulders though, because Athens happens (if you know, you know).