5 Of The Best Places To Grab A Bite To Eat In Atlanta

One of my favorite things to do off campus is to explore and savor different cuisines.
1337

I have been in Atlanta for over six months. One of my favorite things to do off campus is to explore and savor different cuisines. Just this year alone, I have tried my first bibimbap and seafood pancake. I cannot believe I missed out on so many delicious foods.

1. Oriental Pearl Seafood Restaurant

One of my all-time favorite dim sum restaurants is Oriental Pearl Seafood restaurant. This place can be packed on weekend but it is so worth the wait. My friends and I were overwhelmed by the different dishes offered on the dozens of carts. We were so full that we had to take some of the dishes home. We had the opportunity to taste shrimp dumplings, pork siu mai, steamed pork buns, spring rolls, Chinese donut noodle rolls, egg tarts, and fried sesame balls. This is such a great way to catch up with friends for weekend brunch. In the picture, there are egg tarts, congee, shrimp dumplings, chicken feet, spring rolls, and pork siu mai.

2. Ponce City Market

This is by far my go-to place when I am unsure what I want to eat. It offers a variety of cuisines. I have tried about three of the dozens of restaurants there. I love the Jia restaurant which serves Szechuan food. Their sweet and sour ribs and xiao long bao or soup dumplings are to die for. The Botiwalli restaurant was a great option for Indian food, especially their chicken ticki roll.

3. Dish Korean Cuisine

This restaurant is located on Buford Highway, which is a street filled with Chinese and Korean restaurants. My friends were surprised that this was my first time trying Korean food and I absolutely fell in love. No Korean food experience is complete without bibimbap. I also loved the seafood pancake and Bungeoppang, a traditional Korean dessert. Here is a photo of the seafood pancake served alongside some kimchee.

4. Emory Village

This row of restaurants is located so conveniently next to Emory’s campus. It is within walking distance from the freshman dorms. I have tried three of the restaurants: Wagaya(Japanese cuisine), Dragon Bowl, and Lucky’s. Ali’s Cookies is also an amazing dessert option. Out of those three, Dragon Bowl is my friends and I’s most frequented restaurant. Their make your own ramen makes it easy to cater any taste. Here is a photo of my favorite Dragon Bowl dish.

5. Atlanta Chinatown

While the Chinatown in Atlanta is not as impressive as the ones in large cities like San Francisco or Los Angeles, I still think that the food is very authentic. Whenever my parents visit me in Atlanta, this is their go-to place to take me to go to eat. Pictured is one of my favorite dish: large xiao long bao. This small supermarket and food court feature about a dozen small cash-only restaurants that serve different types of Asian cuisine. Even though it is about a 20 minute Uber ride from Emory’s campus, it is for sure worth it!