13 Most Romantic Valentine's Day Dates In New York City

13 Best Date Ideas For A Romantic Valentine’s Day In New York City

It's the city that never sleeps for a reason.

253

Valentine's Day is right fast approaching, and if you're celebrating it in the city that never sleeps with an SO or a new romance you have plenty of date options to make it the most romantic day of the year.

Once you've figured out what to wear, it's time to pick out the perfect location for your date. New York City is known for being one of the most romantic cities in the country (I mean have you seen what it looks like during Christmastime?).

Prime date night attractions can get pretty crowded, especially on a holiday like Valentine's Day, so it's best to do a little research and choose your setting in advance.

Lucky for you, we've done the heavy lifting for you and compiled a list of 19 date spots that are the epitome of romance. Here are the prime spots all lovebirds should flock to on February 14 for a night to remember.

1. For The Foodies — Dinner At Briciola Winebar 

Located in Hell's Kitchen, this adorable little Italian wine bar serves Italian-style tapas and the most delicious homemade pasta you've ever had. Other than the romantic candle-lit atmosphere, this restaurant is perfect for a romantic evening because you get to share all of the dishes with your date and try many different things on the menu.

Be warned that it's not cheap, however, and you'll likely end up spending upwards of $30 a person. But if you're looking to splurge a little on this special day, the experience is well worth it!

2. For The Adventurous Types — Rock-Climbing At The Manhattan Plaza Health Club

Ok, I'm sure rock-climbing isn't the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of a romantic date, but hear me out. Why not forgo the traditional dinner date and opt for a post-Valentine's Day Saturday spent at The Manhattan Plaza Health Club rock-climbing wall instead? If you're a first-time climber, you can choose between a one-hour belay course (for $70) or a 15-minute bouldering instruction (for $40). Both options come with rental equipment and a day pass.

If you're a returning climber, on the other hand, you can enjoy a day pass for $20.

3. For The Cocktail Enthusiasts — Drinks At BlackTail

Located in Downtown Manhattan in the Pier A Harbor House overlooking the water, this cocktail bar has some of the best craft cocktails you'll ever have - even for NYC. The environment is super fun and lively, and every customer gets a free daiquiri with their drink order! Some nights, the bar even hosts live music performances.

4. For The Ones Who Love A Good Show — Go See A Broadway Show!

Sure, seeing a Broadway show when you're spending V-Day in NYC with your SO sounds pretty basic, but the date idea is popular for a reason! Watching an iconic musical on Broadway is a magical experience, and living that out with a date can bring you two even closer.

Let's be real, Broadway tickets are expensive, but there are ways to hunt for cheaper deals. Apps like TodayTix, BroadwayBox, and TheaterMania let you find tickets for discount prices up to a month in advance.

5. For The Ones Who Eat Ice Cream In The Dead Of Winter  —  Cookies And Ice Cream At Schmackary's 

This iconic cookie shop has two locations in Manhattan, one in Noho and one in Hell's Kitchen. If you and your date are a fan of ice cream and cookies, then this is the ideal Valentine's Day spot for you.

6. For The Movie Buffs — A Movie-And-Drink At The Landmark 

The Landmark isn't just like any other movie theater. It has a bar where you can order drinks and bring them into the screening room with you to enjoy while you watch the movie. It sounds a little over-the-top, but it's definitely a worthwhile experience to enjoy with someone special on Valentine's Day.

7. For The Couple Who's A Little Extra  — A Dinner Cruise On The Hudson 

Sick of spending Valentine's day in an overcrowded, mediocre restaurant? It's time to kick your dining experience up a notch. If you and your date aren't afraid to spend a little extra on this special day, considering taking a cruise on the Hudson. A quick Google search will reveal that there are MANY options when it comes to cruise lines that offer these kinds of services. But if you're looking for quality, Bateaux New York Dinner Cruises are some of the best.

This cruise option offers guests a three-hour relaxing ride complete with a three-course meal.

8. For The Classic Romantics — Ice Skating At Pier 17

Two things most New York couples love are ice skating and rooftops - combine the two and you get the perfect New York Valentine's date. Ice skate atop The Rooftop at Pier 17 for beautiful views of the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan skyline. Three hours of skating with rental skates will cost you $23 per person. Once you're done skating, make sure to warm up with a cozy cup of cocoa!

9. For The Gamers — A Night Of Games At Barcade

Located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn Barcade is the perfect setting for a low-stakes Valentine's date. It'll allow you and your new man or woman to get to know each other better without having to stare deeply into each other's eyes for the duration of a three-course dinner.

The bar is known for its classic arcade games and vintage video games, including Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Tetris, and many more. It'll give you and your date something to do if the conversation stalls.

10. For The Ones Who LOVE Winter So Much They Want To Eat It — Dinner At Park Avenue Winter

Yes, you read that right. This restaurant's menu and decor completely change with the seasons, so if you love winter you better go there while you still can. The restaurant is located a three-minute walk from Madison Square Park, so you can take a stroll after you've finished your meal.

Keep in mind that the food here is REALLY good, but not cheap; a typical three-course dinner will cost you about $42.

11. For The Ones Who Love A Good View — Drinks At 230 Fifth Rooftop

Located in Flatiron, this year-round rooftop bar is the perfect place to snuggle up with your date in a heated igloo on Valentine's day. What could be more romantic than enjoying a hot toddy or spiked hot chocolate while gazing upon the most beautiful view of the Empire State Building? Not much, kids, not much.

12. For The Ones Who Love Jazz — A Night Of Jazz At Bill's Place

Head to Harlem for the most authentic and intimate jazz performance you've ever experienced at Bill's Place. This establishment has been around since the 1920s, during the early years of Prohibition - step in and you'll be transported back to that era (minus the illegal drinking and violence).

This place hosts some of the best jazz musicians you'll ever see, and you'll see a lot of them because they'll be performing right up in your face in this tiny locale. It's BYOB, so feel free to bring a bottle of wine to split with your date.

13. For The  Ones Who Want To Splurge — The Big Apple Helicopter Tour Of New York

If you and your date don't mind spending a little more this Valentine's Day and you've always dreamt of flying high in a helicopter, experiencing The Big Apple Helicopter Tour Of New York might be the perfect date idea for you.

You and your bae will get to see views of Governors and Ellis Islands, New World Trade Center & 9/11 Memorial, the Statue of Liberty, and more. Depending on which flight option you pick, the trip will likely cost you $180 or more per person for 12-15 minutes of cruising in the sky. Get more info here.