The Best New Foundations That Came Out This 2020

If you are looking to switch up your makeup routine or need a new go to foundation, consider 2020's newest products.

38

The beauty industry is expanding each year, as new brands are being created and products perfected to keep up with the makeup trends in demand. This year, both new and traditional brands have released new foundations, that of which have been very popular in the media lately. If you are looking for a new foundation and want to try one that is new to the beauty industry, consider these products and their specifics listed below.

1. Exa High Fidelity Semi-Satin Foundation.

Exa Beauty is a makeup brand that promotes clean products that are cruelty free, vegan, gluten free and dermatologist approved. The High Fidelity Semi-Satin Foundation comes in 43 shades and is said to suit every skin type. The product is buildable, allowing one to create either a natural or full coverage look, depending on how much is applied.

The formula of the foundation does not oxidize and contains hyaluronic acid for hydration, maqui berry that helps to soothe the skin and microalgae actives that work to protect from pollution and free radicals. You can purchase the Exa High Fidelity Semi-Satin Foundation for $38 on their website or at Ulta Beauty.

2. NARS Soft Matte Complete Foundation.

NARS cosmetics has many great foundations and with the addition of their new matte product, they now have one for every skin type. The New Soft Matte Complete Foundation has a 16 hour wear time and is available in 34 shades.

The formula contains an Anti-Oxidation Complex, which protects the skin from both blue light and pollution, bio hyaluronic acid for hydration, superior oil absorbing powders for matte-ification and more.

The foundation is said to give a medium coverage finish with only one drop, that can be built upon using more product. The NARS Soft Matte Complete Foundation retails for $40 and can be found on their website or at your local Sephora.

3. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Liquid Touch Weightless Foundation.

Selena Gomez has recently launched Rare Beauty, a makeup brand that works to advocate for mental health services through funds, projects and provided resources. Rare Beauty's Liquid Touch Weightless Foundation is medium coverage with a natural finish that mimics one's skin.

The formula is free from parabens and is dermatologist tested for sensitive skin; containing gardenia, white water lily and lotus to provide a soothing and nourishing treatment. The foundation is available in 48 shades, that of which are supposed to even out one's skin tone without caking. This is a great foundation if you enjoy a minimal and even finish, retailing for $29 on Rare Beauty's website or at your nearest Sephora.

4. Morphe Hint Hint Skin Tint.

Morphe has recently released a second foundation, the Hint Hint Skin Tint, which is a lighter and more sheer version of their older full coverage product. This foundation is available in 20 shades and is regarded to provide a buildable sheer to medium coverage finish.

The Hint Hint Skin Tint is considered a longwear foundation, as it is water, transfer and sweat resistant while providing hydration for up to 12 hours. The foundation can be applied with fingers, a brush or a beauty blender to provide a natural, sheer or medium coverage look, therefore it is very versatile for those who want one product for multiple occasions. The Morphe foundation retails for $17 at the Morphe or Ulta Beauty stores.

5. Maybelline’s Dream Radiant Liquid Foundation.

Maybelline is an affordable makeup brand that you can access at your local drugstore. One of their newest foundations, Dream Radiant Liquid, is a longwear medium coverage product.

The foundation comes in 20 different shades and its formula contains collagen and hyaluronic acid which plumps and moisturizes the skin for a natural glowing finish.

This product works best with dry skin, as it is very hydrating, and can be applied with any beauty tool. The Dream Radiant Liquid Foundation retails for an affordable $12.99 and can be found at Ulta Beauty or CVS.

It is important to consider your skin type and desired makeup look when choosing a new foundation in order to prevent wasting money on a product that will not suit your individualized facial conditions. These foundations, being new, may not have many reviews, so remember to read through their ingredient list and check if it matches your skin after 5 minutes (in case of oxidation) before purchasing the product.