15 American Museums To Visit After The Pandemic

Just add these spots to your bucket list!

1202

As the pandemic calms down, why not continue adding "must-go" places to your bucket list? Here are some random, unique museums that everyone must check out. There are places for people of all ages and backgrounds. Build your artistic knowledge, historical awareness, and general mental health by exploring these hidden gems around America.

1. The Corning Glass Museum in New York

Are you interested in glass making and the history behind glass? If so, the Corning Glass Museum is the destination for you. You can make your own glass masterpieces while also exploring the numerous glass collections.

2. The Getty Center in California

If you're an art nerd, then you should check out the Getty and their collection of visual art pieces.

3. The 9/11 Museum in New York

The 9/11 Museum is one of the most heart wrenching museums I've ever visited. If you want to immerse yourself in the history of this American tragedy, head to New York to the 9/11 Museum. I truly recommend that everyone visit at least once.

4. International Spy Museum in Washington D.C.

Are you interested in the history of spies? Does the Cold War time period intrigue you? Have you always had a fascination with James Bond or the Spy Kids franchise? If you hope to learn more about spies, make a trip to Washington D.C.

5. Titanic Museum in Missouri

If you've always been fascinated with the Titanic, or if you've watched The Titanic movie 100 times, then you should head out to Missouri to the Titanic Museum. You'll find amazing artifacts from the ship, and learn more about this fascinating event from history.

6. Ark Encounter in Kentucky

Any religious fanatics would enjoy a trip to the Ark Encounter. In the middle of Kentucky is a humongous ship depicting Noah's Ark from the Bible. There are interactive elements as well as a zoo.

7. Andy Warhol Museum in Pennsylvania

Andy Warhol is one of the most well-known artists from the last century. This Pennsylvanian museum holds a large collection of his works, especially those that inspired the Pop art movement from the 1960s.

8. Newseum in Washington D.C.

News is more relevant than ever -- especially in the midst of a pandemic. If you wish to learn more about the history of journalism, head to Washington D.C. to the Newseum.

9. Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex in Florida

For all space nerds who've always dreamt of being an astronaut, why not visit the Kennedy Space Center? Learn about the history of the stars and the people who flew among them.

10. Gettysburg National Military Park and Visitor Center in Pennsylvania

The Gettysburg National Military Museum is a great experience to learn about the American Civil War. Take a tour around the battlefield and learn history from the place it all happened.

11. Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia

Become immersed in colonial life with a visit to Colonial Williamsburg. Go back a few centuries to simpler times. It'll be a vacation to remember forever.

12. Smithsonian Institution Offices in Washington, D.C.

Who hasn't heard of the Smithsonian Museums? If you've never visited these diverse sites, check them out! There's never enough time to see everything! The collections vary and are wide ranging.

13. Ford's Theatre in Washington D.C.

Check out the place President Lincoln was assassinated. Ford's Theater will give you perspective on this horrific event from history. Besides being the place of a presidential assassination, the theatre also has rich theatrical history to learn about.

14. The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza in Texas

Whether you are a history buff or conspiracy theorist, you may enjoy a visit to the Sixth Floor Museum. This spot contains insightful information about J.F.K's assassination.

15. The Salem Witch Museum in Massachusetts

If you have a passion for witches and witchcraft, then this is the place for you. Learn about the devastating witch trials of the past and the repercussions.