Best Matcha Tea Sets: 8 Top Picks Compared

Best Matcha Sets

31

Are you a matcha lover looking to upgrade your at-home tea setup?

Here are six of the best matcha tea sets to choose from:

1. Matcha Bowl Set

2. Matcha Tea Set for Two

3. Glass Matcha Bowl

4. Ceremonial Matcha Kit

5. Japanese Matcha Set

6. Matcha Gift Set

7. Matcha Tea Tools

8. Electric Whisk Kit

Each set has its own unique features and benefits, so be sure to consider which one best fits your needs and preferences.

Whether you want to fully embrace the traditional Japanese tea ceremony or just want a modern and budget-friendly option, there's a matcha set for you.

Matcha tea has become increasingly popular in recent years for its numerous health benefits and unique flavor.

If you're looking to enjoy matcha at home, it's important to have the right equipment.

In this article, we'll compare eight popular matcha tea sets to help you find the best one for your needs.

Best Matcha Sets: Elevate Your At-Home Tea Game

Matcha Gift Set:
  1. Matcha Bowl Set:

This set includes a traditional matcha bowl (chawan), a whisk (chasen), and a scoop (chashaku).

The bowl is typically hand-crafted and has a wide, shallow design to help create a frothy texture when whisking the matcha.

The whisk is made of bamboo and has thin tines to effectively blend the matcha into hot water.

The scoop is also made of bamboo and is used to measure out the proper amount of best matcha milk powder.

Pros:

• Allows you to experience the traditional Japanese tea ceremony at home
  • High-quality, hand-crafted utensils

Cons:

• May be more expensive than other sets due to the hand-crafted nature of the utensils
  1. Matcha Tea Set for Two:

This set includes two bowls, two whisks, and two scoops, making it perfect for sharing matcha with a friend.

It also includes a tray to hold the bowls and utensils. Like the single bowl set, these utensils are typically hand-crafted and made of bamboo.

Pros:

• Great for sharing with a friend
  • High-quality, hand-crafted utensils

Cons:

1. Glass Matcha Bowl:

This set includes a glass bowl, whisk, and scoop. The glass bowl allows you to see the vibrant green color of the matcha as it's being whisked.

This set is a good option for those who prefer a more modern look.

Pros:

• Modern, visually appealing design
  • Allows you to see the color of the matcha as it's being prepared

Cons:

• Glass bowl may be more fragile than traditional ceramic bowls
  1. Ceremonial Matcha Kit:

This set includes a bowl, whisk, scoop, and a tray.

It also includes a bamboo whisk holder and a whisk drying stand.

This set is great for those who want to fully embrace the traditional Japanese tea ceremony.

Pros:

• Complete set for the traditional Japanese tea ceremony
  • Bamboo whisk holder and drying stand included

Cons:

• May be more expensive due to the inclusion of additional items
  1. Japanese Matcha Set:

This set includes a bowl, whisk, and scoop, all made in Japan. It also includes a tray and a matcha storage tin.

This set is a good option for those who want high-quality, authentic Japanese utensils.

Pros:

• Authentic, high-quality Japanese utensils
  • Matcha storage tin included

Cons:

• May be more expensive due to the authenticity and origin of the utensils
  1. Matcha Gift Set:

This Matcha Kit includes a bowl, whisk, scoop, and tray, as well as a tin of premium matcha tea.

It may also include other matcha-related items such as a tea cloth or matcha scoop holder.

This set is a great gift for matcha lovers or for those looking to try matcha for the first time.

Pros:

• Makes a great gift
  • May include premium matcha tea and additional matcha-related items

Cons:

1. Matcha Tea Tools:

This set includes a bowl, whisk, and scoop, as well as additional tools such as a matcha whisk stand, matcha sifter, and measuring spoon.

This set is great for those who want a complete set of tools for preparing and serving matcha tea.

Pros:

• Includes a wide range of tools for preparing and serving matcha
  • Maybe more budget-friendly than some of the other sets

Cons:

• Utensils may not be hand-crafted or made in Japan
  1. Electric Whisk Kit:

The Electric Whisk Kit is a matcha tea set that includes an electric whisk, a traditional matcha bowl, and a scoop.

While it may be more convenient and efficient than using a traditional bamboo whisk, there are also a few drawbacks to consider.

Pros:

• Electric whisk makes it easy to quickly and evenly blend the matcha into hot water
  • High-quality, hand-crafted utensils

Cons:

• Electric whisk may not produce the same frothy texture as a traditional bamboo whisk
  • May be more expensive than other sets
  • Requires electricity to function
  • May not be as authentic as other sets

Overall, the Electric Whisk Kit is a good option for those who want a convenient and efficient way to prepare matcha at home.

However, it's important to consider the potential drawbacks before making a purchase.

Best matcha kit: Final Thoughts   

Best matcha kit

In conclusion, the best matcha tea set for you will depend on your personal preferences and needs.

If you want to experience the traditional Japanese tea ceremony at home, a set with a bowl, whisk, and scoop is a good choice.

If you prefer a more modern look, a glass bowl set might be a better fit.

If you're looking for a gift or a more budget-friendly option, the Matcha Gift Set or Matcha Tea Tools set might be the best choice for you.

No matter which set you to choose, you'll be well-equipped to enjoy the delicious and healthful benefits of matcha tea at home.

Matcha sets FAQ's  

A matcha bowl (chawan)

What equipment do you need to make matcha?

To make matcha, you will need the following equipment:

• A matcha bowl (chawan):

• This is a wide, shallow bowl that is traditionally used to whisk the matcha into a frothy texture.
  • A whisk (chasen):

• This is a bamboo whisk with thin tines that is used to blend the matcha into hot water.
  • A scoop (chashaku):

• This is a bamboo scoop that is used to measure out the proper amount of matcha powder.

What is included in matcha set?

The matcha set will typically include all of these items.

Some sets may also include a tray to hold the utensils and a matcha storage tin.

What is the spoon in a matcha set for?

The scoop in a matcha set is used to measure out the proper amount of matcha powder.

It is typically made of bamboo and is a key tool in preparing matcha tea.

How do you make matcha tea set?

To make matcha tea using a set, follow these steps:

1. Heat water to just below boiling point (around 160-170 degrees Fahrenheit).
  2. Scoop out the desired amount of matcha powder using the chashaku. A common guideline is to use one scoop (about 1 gram) of matcha per ounce of water.
  3. Place the matcha powder in the chawan and add a small amount of the hot water.
  4. Whisk the matcha and water together using the chasen until a frothy texture is achieved.
  5. Add the remaining hot water to the chawan and whisk until fully combined.

Here are a few additional tips for making the perfect cup of matcha using a set:

1. Sift the matcha powder before scooping it out. This helps to remove any clumps and ensures a smooth texture when whisking.
  2. Use a high-quality matcha powder. The quality of the matcha will significantly impact the flavor and overall experience of your tea.
  3. Experiment with the amount of matcha powder and water to find the right balance for your taste preferences.
  4. Pay attention to the temperature of the water. If the water is too hot, it can scald the matcha and result in a bitter taste. If the water is too cold, it won't fully dissolve the matcha and you'll miss out on its full flavor.
  5. Practice your whisking technique. It takes some practice to get the right frothy texture, so don't get discouraged if it doesn't come out perfectly on the first try.
  6. Enjoy your matcha tea!

By following these tips and using a high-quality matcha set, you'll be well on your way to enjoying the delicious and healthful benefits of matcha tea at home.