There Are 4 Kinds Of Friends, And College Wouldn't Be The Same Without Them

Mine are obviously the best, but you probably have your close seconds too.

227
Halle Blum

As my sophomore year is coming to a close, I have been reflecting a lot on the year. Somehow, even after tests, projects, days filled with studying and work, this has been one of the best years of my life. I have been wondering why this year has been happier, and more fun than last year and all reasons point to you. Yeah, you, the 12 girls who I spend the majority of my time with.

You know who you are, you’re the ones sitting in my room with me until 3 AM, skipping class to go to brunch (sorry mom and dad), creating the craziest memories, and always having my back. I think it’s pretty unique to come into college, and within 2 months have a friend group that is so supportive, close and as special as mine. Luckily, I have had these girls in my life now for two years, and I have no idea how I went 18 years without knowing them.

After a year of living in separate dorms, we finally had the chance to live under one roof, all together. This gave us literally no alone time, or time apart from one another. Although at times we wanted to kill each other, for the most part, it went pretty well. My friend group is made up of some of the strangest, most interesting people I’ve ever met. Although there are 12 of mine, here are some of the kinds of friends in your friend group that makes you guys you.

1. The crazy one

This is that one in the friend group that is always pulling ridiculous shenanigans. This person is a constant source of entertainment for the group. Anything they do or say is intriguing and so ridiculous you can’t decide if its real or not. Whether it be leaving the house to get coffee in just a towel (if you know, you know) or anything else, they are always up to something.

2. The one who thinks they are funny

This person in the friend group is probably pretty funny, but you would never let them know. This is the kind of person who pulls off pranks that are hilarious and well thought out, like changing the name of a group chat for a month straight and swearing it is a glitch. No member of the friend group will give them satisfaction on being the funny one because it would go straight to their head.

3. The oblivious one

With this friend, you often wonder how they ever lived life without your guidance. They don’t know common things, such as never eating a sandwich until college (again, if you know, you know.) This friend is so unique and special and often gets picked on, but of course out of love.

4. The extra one

So this is the friend that writes an article about her friends and then includes herself in it (ha). If you’re like me, you’re the one in the friend group who does things such as celebrate your birthday for a month. You’ll get a lot of crap from us, as I’m sure I will for including this in this article, but your friends obviously love you for it.