The Best Items To Order At Wawa

The Best Items To Order At Wawa

The real happiest place on Earth.

23185
The Best Items To Order At Wawa
The Odyssey

You haven't really lived until you've had Wawa. You can travel the globe, climb Mt. Everest, and play with Arctic penguins but you really haven't live until you've had Wawa. It's something you don't understand until your finally experience it. It's God's gift to the Northeast (and select parts of Florida). I have personal favorites that I eat at Wawa, but you technically can't go wrong with whatever you order.

If you're a new-comer to the magical land of Wawa, here is a guideline for what you should order.

1. Mac and Cheese

The first thing I ingest when I get home from college is mac and cheese from Wawa. It was crafted by magical little mac and cheese elves, I'm pretty sure. It tastes like the homemade stuff we grew up eating, but only takes four minutes to get after ordering it. Nine times out of 10 I order mac and cheese when I'm at Wawa. Look at the cheese. Look at those noodles. Look. At. It.

2. Hoagies

OK, they're honestly not the best hoagies you'll ever have (because the best hoagie you'll have is probably a locally owned deli someone near Philadelphia). But they're still pretty great. They're even better during Hoagiefest because they're cheaper. The hoagies are customizable too so they're exactly how you like it.

3. Bagels

I miss my daily bagel-fix from Wawa. I get a plain, toasted with cream cheese for lunch or breakfast, and I'm a happy camper. There are even options for how much spread you want on your bagel. They're fluffy and light, basically like a pillow or cloud or something soft and wonderful.

4. Soft Pretzels

Beware of these because they are addicting. People tend to by two or more at a time because they're delicious and usually on sale. I've been with friends who have bought about four pretzels and eaten them all. They are happiness in the form of carbohydrates.

5. Stuff Pretzels

These little angels are kept in a case so they are heated up when you buy them. What are they stuffed with? There's an array of cheeses you can choose from, ranging from cheddar to cream. My favorite is the cream cheese stuffed pretzel. It's basically Christmas when I go to Wawa and they haven't run out of them yet.

6. Smoothies

You can order smoothies using the take-out computer, and they are made fresh. They have any smoothie you can imagine and not just fruit smoothies. There are chocolate mint smoothies, cheesecake smoothies, caramel smoothies and more. You can ask to add yogurt to your smoothie, and you can request for them to add in a protein or energy powder. There aren't a lot of smoothie places in the North, so their smoothies are a blessing.

7. Soup

There soup is incredibly underrated, especially their chicken noodle. Sometimes I buy an entire quart of it and heat it up as lunch or dinner for a few days. Their soups, much like their mac and cheese, taste homemade and fresh.

8. Snack Cups

There are little cups or trays of snack foods. My favorite is a grape, cheese and cracker tray. Even though it sounds mundane, I crave that cheese and cracker tray more often than you'd believe. It's a quick lunch if you're in a hurry (yes, there's enough food in it to be an entire meal). There are also "dirt" cups, pepperoni and cheese cups, cannoli dip cups and more.

9. Breakfast Sandwiches

Available to you on a croissant, roll or bagel, breakfast sandwiches are the epitome of early morning practices, extra time before class to grab something to eat, and road trips that begin before the sun even rises. There are sandwiches with sausage, bacon, ham, and pork roll. You can customize your own sandwich too. If you want egg whites, you get egg whites. My personal favorite is an ham, American cheese and spicy mustard hot sandwich on a bagel.

10. Bowls

There are a variety of bowls you can dine on at Wawa starting from breakfast all the way to dinner. One of my friends got a chicken finger/mac and cheese bowl a few weeks ago, and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. There are even burrito bowls, so who needs Chipotle anymore honestly?

11. Paninis

I just tried my first Wawa panini this summer, and now that I'm talking about it I'm getting hungry. Again, I went for a ham and spicy mustard combination, but you can get whatever you want on your panini because they're made fresh and by the order!

12. Chocolate Milk

OK this isn't technically something you eat, but it's delicious. When I was young, I couldn't drink any other chocolate milk besides Wawa's. I still struggle with it, honestly. I'm like a child when I am handed Wawa chocolate milk. Wawa has its own dairy farm, so the milk is literally their own. It's creamy and full of flavor. When I say, "I need a drink," I'm talking about Wawa's chocolate milk.

Not only is the food delicious, but the service is out of this world. It's quick, easy and all the workers are polite and kind. Wawa is not just a gas station, convenience store, or even fast food chain; it's a place to go after concerts, before long trips. To stop by before you leave for college and right when you get home. To get snacks with your friends in the middle of the night and to buy ice cream or candy or mac and cheese when you're having a rough day. It's pumpkin cappuccinos in October, peppermint ice cream in December and frozen lemonade in July. It's memories, it's childhood, it's home.

So go forth and enjoy the many flavors of Wawa living.