To The Best Friends I Met In College

To The Best Friends I Met In College

College is about new beginnings.

21
To The Best Friends I Met In College
odyssey

Everyone always says that college is where you will find your true love, meet everlasting friends and most importantly find yourself. Deciding where to go to college can be hard. You say you want to go with your childhood best friend, your high school boyfriend, or even where your parents attended. After you decide where you want to attend and get you acceptance letter and you begin to start the planning. You and your parents sit down and discuss finances, scholarships, and even you and your best friend start picking colors for the dorm you're going to share. The truth is, everyone begins to grow apart and start their own journeys with college. You might not end up with your best friend or even your high school boyfriend, but the best part about college is you get to meet new people.

The nerves of attending college overwhelm you as you look forward to meeting your roommates, classmates and even your professors. You might join greek life and be blessed with sisters and brothers forever, you might join a club that catches your interest where you meet people that share the same hobbies as you, or you might even be apart of a collegiate team and gain friends through your fellow athletes.

To the best friends I met,

College was scary coming in with only a few hometown friends and a boyfriend. I always thought that since we all attended together, we would stick by each others side and I wouldn’t have room for any new friends. Boy, was I wrong. Being paired with a random roommate isn’t always as scary as it seems. If it wasn’t for the random pairing decided by the residential life, who knows if I would have gained such an amazing friend. If I wouldn't have joined the clubs on campus, I wouldn't have gained you guys. Also, if I wouldn't have joined the team, I wouldn't have a group of friends to have my back like this.

College isn’t just about finding yourself, although that helps you realizes what you are looking for in a friend as well. If you're lucky, there are hometown friends you don’t separate from and maybe your new friends can be friends with the old. However; college brings people together and gives you a chance to meet friends that you will have for a life time.

Thanks for going from my random roommate to my best friend in just one, short semester. Here’s to the rest of our college careers and the rest of our lives.

-LR