To The Best Friend Who Lives Hundreds of Miles Away

Thank you for sticking by my side and giving me the loving and comforting words I needed in a difficult moment.
275

Dear Best Friend,

First off, I would like to thank you for always being there for me, even though we are hundreds of miles apart. Thank you for sticking by my side and giving me the loving and comforting words I needed in a difficult moment.

A day never goes by where I don’t think about you and our friendship and how lucky I am to have you in my life. I know I have said many times our friendship means the world to me, but you don't know how true that is. This is the kind of friendship where we can act like nothing happened when we haven't talked in a week or so. It’s the kind of friendship where we accept each other for who we are. It’s the kind of friendship every girl dreams of having.

You are the friend who will talk about Disney with me, even if I go way in depth and seem to go a bit insane about the topic. You are the friend who continues to talk about my book with me, even though you have no idea what the heck I am talking about, but you still roll with it. You are the friend who accepts what I believe in and who I believe in. You are the friend who has helped me become the person I am today (and let’s admit, it was pretty fun and entertaining to go on that journey together). And, most of all, you are the friend who I can talk to for hours on end and it will never get weird.

Though we may be several states away, we always want to know what is happening in each other’s life. We encourage each other to get that guy (even if there is no guy). We share our ideas of the type of guy we would set each other up with and laugh about it. You have no idea how many times I have been caught smiling at my screen because of something you have said. And not to mention, our Snapchats can get a little weird, but who would we be if they weren’t?

We can laugh about nothing on the phone for hours and it will never be dull. Our inside jokes will haunt us forever, but they are more fun to remember than to be embarrassed about. We can truly be our weird selves with no explanation needed. The moments we played house in your backyard (or in someone else’s backyard) will never leave our memories. And let’s not forget the time we tried to put on the play I wrote and could not remember the lines for our lives.

We have come a long way, you and I. From being complete strangers to best friends in a matter of months. Distance doesn't break our bond. Lack of talking doesn't change anything. We have been friends through thick and thin. You are someone I love so dearly and nothing in the world can change that.

So, Best Friend, for many years to come. Thank you for everything you have done for me. We make a pretty good team. Like peanut butter and jelly. Cookies and milk. The moon and stars. And most importantly, you and me. I can't wait to see what adventures our friendship will bring us in the future.

Love,

Your Best Friend