10 Reasons Being In A Relationship With Your Best Friend Is The Best

Live your fantasy Rom-Com life!

47

Growing up, we all watched movies like "13 Going on 30", "Clueless", and "Love Actually" and thought that's how love and relationships were meant to be, then we grew up. All through out middle school and high school, people thought they were going to get into a relationship and have this perfect, romantic person that were going to sweep them off their feet, but they were sadly awakened by the fact that, that isn't always the truth. Now in college, we're getting a bit closer to the truth of what love can truly be like. Sometimes we get the average relationship and can be happy, other times you get lucky and can be in the relationship everyone is jealous of. When you do end up in that type of relationship, everyone either is really happy for you or jealous and give you looks or silently judges you.

I am one of those people in one of those relationships and there are things that people don't understand about being in a cliche relationship. So many people expect the greatness of this type of relationship to fizz out but there are so many great things that stay, at least they have for the 2 years I've been in one.

Mature Conversations

live.staticflickr.com

This is one of the most important things when it comes to a healthy relationship and sometimes we as humans are quick to be defensive. Being able to talk about the tough stuff (politics, views on tough issues, etc.) and listening to what each other has to say instead of immediately attacking each others opinions is so important. This is something we as a society need to do no only with our significant others, but also all of our relationships. I feel, especially with those cliche relationships, you tend to have a close enough bond where nothing changes how you feel about each other, of course if it's not a huge deal.

They Know All

Pin by Morgan Mitchell on Best friend couples | Double dates, Best friend couples, Boyfriend pictures

www.pinterest.com

Half the time, you're dating your best friend. You get to tell them everything, joke around with them, but also go on dates with them! They're your everything and you couldn't ask for a better person to have in your life. They also know every little thing about you, from the kind of toothpaste you use to the little tells in your face that give them everything they need to know about how you feel. You also get to know everything about them as well.

You're Already Family

You have been in their life for a while now so their family already knows who you are, which then makes you already apart of the family. You already have the approval of the family before the two of you get together. Everyone in his family welcomes you with open arms and you get to skip the awkward first family meeting.

You Can Act Like A Goof Around Them

I love to see older people having a ball acting like children | Dancing Makes Life Bearable | Old couples, Growing old together, Grow old with me

www.pinterest.com

They already know how weird you are so act however you want, they'll love every moment of it. These are the things that allow you two to grow closer as people. Sure, the serious moments do as well but these moments too. You also get to just act like a kid and not get judged for it. We need more moments to continue holding on to our inner kid.

You Never Get Bored

7 Ways to Show Intimacy Without Having Sex

www.hercampus.com

Everyone has those dull moments but when you date your best friend, even those dull, silent moments are interesting and it's because you're together. You both can be on your phones and not talking to each other but still have that connection and enjoy your time together. You also get to enjoy just being in each others company. You get to enjoy the non-sexual intimacy that most couples don't know about yet.

Your significant other being your best friend is amazing and freeing. There is no amount of words that can describe that love you have for each other. The best kind of love is when it's indescribable. I hope everyone who wants to, gets to feel this type of love.