Coffee Drinks You Need To Try If You're Willing To Go Outside Your Comfort Zone
Food Drink

Even if you like your coffee black, I have some drinks you might want to try.

691
Lexie Nehmer

Here are some quick little changes to add to your typical coffee order!

Starting with things to add to a regular old cup of coffee, you could order a cafe au lait. A cafe au lait is half your medium/dark roast coffee with half steamed milk. For the espresso drinks, ask to add a raw sugar in with the espresso. Personally, this is my favorite because it adds a little bit of sweetness, but not much at all. I like a lot of foam with my lattes, so I will order a cappuccino, which are the shots of espresso and more dry foam filled to the top. Keep in mind: you can add any syrup flavor to these drinks.

Most people who go out for coffee stick with the same order; I asked one customer if they would like to try the oat milk with their french vanilla latte.. and get this! He liked it and orders it with oat milk every time! Whether you're dairy-free or not, trying different types of milk in your coffee is fun!

There is typically oat milk, coconut milk and almond milk at coffee shops. Switch out the whole milk for almond milk and it's a whole new taste on the latte! Non-dairy milk is also better for you, especially your skin! Remember that cafe au lait I was talking about earlier? You can make it iced! The barista will take their cold brew concentrate and put it over ice, with your choice of milk poured on top!

Always ask to see what kind of syrups the coffee shop has because most do have more than just vanilla and caramel! My personal favorites are butterscotch and maple! The peppermint mocha is always one of my easy favorites to order, as well. You chai lovers! Add vanilla or blackberry syrup to your typical chai, it's like a whole new drink!

On the coffee stand, there's usually honey and cinnamon. With any drink you order, even tea, honey will make a huge difference in your choice of drink. Next time you go to a coffee shop, look at the syrup flavors, ask questions, and maybe try a new kind of milk! Also remember, just because fall season is coming up and it's getting a little chilly out, doesn't mean you have to stop getting iced coffee.

Related Articles Around the Web