All The Meals You Need For Your End Of Summer Camping Trip

You'll be eating good on your next camping trip with these recipes.

289

Summer is almost finished, but let it go out with a bang with a fun end of summer trip. This past weekend, my friends and I went on a camping trip for one last good time before we're back in school. The planning of everything was absolutely insane, but we all came together to have a great time with some great food. Do it like us and go on a spontaneous camping trip! Here's all the food you'll NEED to try:

Breakfast

Cinnamon Rolls

• can of cinnamon rolls
  • fire
  • sandwich pan

This is an easy option for those of you who aren't quite chefs. All you need to do is put a few cinnamon rolls in the sandwich pan and let them cook over the fire. It's all the deliciousness of cinnamon rolls with a hint of the campfire to add to your morning. They're so quick, easy, and delicious!

Breakfast Sandwiches

• bread
  • egg
  • bacon
  • sausage
  • cheese
  • fire
  • sandwich pan

This breakfast allows you to get a little more creative! You pick all of the toppings that you want in your breakfast sandwich and then cook it up over the fire! It's easiest to mix the egg and cheese prior to putting it in between the bread. If you want crisper meat or bacon, it also might be a good idea to cook them separately ahead of time and then put them in the sandwich at the end. My friends dipped theirs in syrup and loved it!

Waffles

• pancake/waffle mix
  • syrup
  • fruit or other fun toppings!
  • waffle iron

One of my friends ended up bringing a waffle iron and cooking up waffles for everyone! This isn't exclusively a camp food, but it sure was delicious! There's also just something better about waffles in the wilderness. You could go to Waffle House, but you could also sit under a pine tree and question your entire life with a waffle in hand. Pick your poison.

S'mores

• graham crackers
  • marshmallows
  • chocolate
  • fire
  • skewer

S'mores are an anytime meal. You can truly make a s'more count for any meal of the day and you certainly should.

Lunch/Dinner

Hot dogs

• hot dogs
  • hot dog buns
  • ketchup/mustard/condiments
  • fire
  • skewer

Stick that weenie on a skewer and roast 'er. This is a CLASSIC. If you've been camping before, you definitely brought hot dogs. They're tasty and likely the easiest thing to make over a campfire ever. Make sure you roast it good enough and then put that boy in a bun and condiment it to your liking.

Tacos/Walking Tacos

• taco meat (beef, chicken, etc)
  • refried beans
  • salsa
  • sour cream
  • lettuce
  • tomatoes
  • cheese
  • tortillas or Doritos/fritos
  • fire
  • fire-safe bowls

This one involves a little pre-camping prep. Cook and season your protein of choice and put it in a Ziploc bag and chill. Once you're ready for some Mexican delight, heat up the beans and meat over the fire and then assemble a taco into a Doritos bag or a tortilla. It's so yummy and all the trouble is certainly worth it.

Sandwiches

• Lunch meat
  • Cheese
  • Condiments
  • Bread

This also isn't really a camping food, but it is really convenient if you're going to be gone for the whole day. We went on a trip to the beach and packed sandwiches for the day and it was super tasty and convenient. This would also be a lightweight meal for a hike or maybe even a boating trip. This is just a very versatile and simple meal that is easy to take on a camping trip.

Pizzas!!!!

• Bread
  • Pizza sauce
  • cheese
  • toppings
  • Fire
  • sandwich pan

This was BY FAR the best meal we had on the whole camping trip. I ate three of these bad boys in like a two-hour timeframe; they were SO good. All you do is put two slices of bread on the sandwich pan and put pizza sauce, cheese, and whatever toppings you'd like between the slices before roasting it over the fire. This takes a while to cool after, but it's so DELICIOUS and 1000% worth it. If you take any of these recipes, make it this one. Too good.

S'mores

• graham crackers
  • marshmallows
  • chocolate
  • fire
  • skewer

Again, s'mores are an anytime meal. Dinner and lunch would also be made better by s'mores.

Desserts

Pies

• bread
  • pie filling
  • fire
  • sandwich pan

Take two slices of bread, fill it with the pie filling of your choice, and roast that bad boy. You're in for a treat. These pies were so warm and tasty. It was the perfect end to a delicious meal. You can also use chocolate and marshmallows for a s'more pie.

Extreme S'mores

• s'mores pop tarts
  • marshmallows
  • chocolate
  • fire
  • skewer

I know you've probably had enough of s'mores by now, but try swapping out graham crackers for half of a s'more pop tart. The substitution is revolutionary.

Happy camping!