The best 5 alternative releases in January 2019

The Best Alternative Albums Coming Out In January

A new month means a bunch of new music!

9

January is almost here and some pretty fantastic albums will be making their debut!

Not only are we celebrating 20 years of Taking Back Sunday, but we're also joining Bring Me The Horizon's new cult.

Check out the best punk and alternative releases coming this January!

1. Taking Back Sunday 

Taking Back Sunday are celebrating their 20 years as a band, and in order to celebrate, they are releasing an album that features tracks throughout their long history as a band. Plus, they've also included two brand new tracks to get obsessed with.

Out: 1/11

"Twenty" Tracklist:

1. Cute Without the 'E' (Cut from the Team)
  2. You're So Last Summer
  3. Timberwolves at New Jersey
  4. A Decade Under the Influence
  5. Set Phasers to Stun
  6. One-Eighty by Summer
  7. Liar (It Takes One to Know One)
  8. MakeDamnSure
  9. What's It Feel Like to Be a Ghost?
  10. My Blue Heaven
  11. Sink Into Me
  12. Everything Must Go
  13. Faith (When I Let You Down)
  14. Call Me in the Morning
  15. Flicker, Fade
  16. Better Homes and Gardens
  17. Tidal Wave
  18. You Can't Look Back
  19. Call Come Running
  20. All Ready To Go
  21. A Song for Dan

You can get your copy of it here!

Bring Me The Horizon

After teasing that involved billboards in the UK and US, Bring Me The Horizon officially unveiled their latest effort, a 13-track album titled "amo." The album is set to be a follow-up to their 2015 album "That's The Spirit."

Out: 1/25

"amo" Tracklist:

1. i apologise if you feel something
  2. MANTRA
  3. nihilist blues ft. Grimes
  4. in the dark
  5. wonderful life ft. Dani Filth
  6. ouch
  7. medicine
  8. sugar honey ice & tea
  9. why you gotta kick me when i'm down?
  10. fresh bruises
  11. mother tongue
  12. heavy metal ft. Rahzel
  13. i don't know what to say

You can get your copy of it here!

3. Say Anything

Say Anything are gearing up to unleash their forthcoming effort "Oliver Appropriate," which will kind of, sort of, be one of the last albums from the band...at least for a little while.

Out: 1/25

"Oliver Appropriate" Tracklist:

1. The Band Fuel
  2. Daze
  3. Pink Snot
  4. Greased
  5. Mouthbreather
  6. Ew Jersey
  7. When I'm Acid
  8. Captive Audience
  9. Your Father
  10. Send You Off
  11. Fired
  12. It's A Process
  13. The Hardest
  14. Sediment

You can get your copy of it here!

4. Papa Roach

After impatiently waiting for the next Papa Roach release, the band have unveiled details of their forthcoming effort "Who Do You Trust?"

Out: 1/18

"Who Do You Trust?" Tracklist:

1. The Ending
  2. Renegade Music
  3. Not the Only One
  4. Who Do You Trust?
  5. Elevate
  6. Come Around
  7. Feel like Home
  8. Problems
  9. Top of the World
  10. I Suffer Well
  11. Maniac
  12. Better Than Life

You can get your copy of it here!

5. Radar State 

Emo supergroup Radar State, comprised of The Get Up Kids co-frontmen Matt Pryor and Jim Suptic and The Anniversary frontman Josh Berwanger, are getting ready to release their debut album "Strays," and we seriously can't wait.

Out: 1/11

"Strays" Tracklist:

1. Strays
  2. What's A Rebel
  3. Anywhere
  4. Summer Of Sundays
  5. Damn The Man
  6. Making Me Feel
  7. Self Hurt Guru
  8. Artificial Love
  9. Defender
  10. Good Catholic
  11. Leather Dye
  12. Victims Of Fashion
  13. Play For The Game

You can get your copy of it here!

What release are you most excited for? Let me know in the comments below!