I Asked Fourteen People What The Best Advice.

I Asked 14 People For The Best Advice They'd Ever Received, Their Responses Were Beautiful

A piece of advice from fourteen people.

237
https://pi.tedcdn.com/r/talkstar-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/production/playlists/playlist_209/counterintuitive_career_advice_1200x627.jpg?quality=89&w=800

Some of the best advice that I've ever received has been when I was going through something really rough or when I needed someone to keep me in check. My hope is that someone will look at this article and carry on this great advice that myself and 14 other people have received.

“Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." - James 1:4

When I was having one of the worst weeks of my life a good friend of mine offered this to me and it helped me so much.

“Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly."

A different form of "practice makes perfect."

"This is just a small bump in the grand scheme of life."

Another form of "this too shall pass."

"Your education is something nobody can take away from you."

"When I was little, my grandpa told me, "Your education is something nobody can ever take away from you." This meant a lot to me because he was an immigrant from Hungary who came here during their revolution to give his family a better life. He didn't have anything but the clothes on his back and the knowledge he valued. That's why I try so hard to be the best student because regardless of what happens in my life financially or otherwise, being rich in knowledge is something you never lose."

"Don’t let yourself be a crutch for someone selfish."

"When I was going through a tough relationship in college, my brother gave me really good advice. He said "don't let yourself become a crutch for this guy. Don't let him use you to prop himself up."

"Always listen to your gut, it won't lead you astray."

My dad gave me this as his best advice and I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

"You have 50,000 right paths in life. There isn’t one true path to happiness, theres a thousand options you can pick from that will make you happy."

The things that make your friends happy may not make you happy. Only YOU can choose your path to happiness.

"God does everything for a reason. You may not know the reason or like the reason, but everything that he puts in your life is purposeful."

"The best advice I ever received was: God does everything for a reason. You may not know the reason or like the reason, but everything that He puts in your life is purposeful. It's done so much for me."

"When you see someone who needs help-help them. When you see something that needs done-do it. When you get a chance to goof off-good off and have some fun. We worry too much about wasting time."

The person who gave me this nugget of good advice is one of the wisest people I've ever met. I think after she received this advice she embodied it into her life because I see these words shine through her.

"You can't change the past, but you can change the way you think about it."

One day last semester I listened to Jeanette Walls, the author of Glass Castle speak about her life and her book. When talking about the obstacles she's had to overcome she said the words above and it's always stuck out to me.

"Grit your teeth and move on."

It can be so hard to move on from something that just keeps pulling you backward. It's so important to move on from something, even if it's killing you inside.

"Practice m​akes permanent"

"...one of the best pieces of advice I've received is "practice make permanent" rather than "practice makes perfect". It basically means whatever you put in is what you're going to get out, it doesn't matter how much you practice but how you practice."

"Pray about it and try to work it out. Don’t just quit, try to make the situation better."

The saying "worry about nothing, pray about everything" rings to true with this saying.