Benefits of Herbal Teas

Benefits of Herbal Teas

5 Herbal Teas For Every Ailment

19
Benefits of Herbal Teas
Free Images

As my sophomore year in college comes to a close, I have learned quite a few things. 1) That stress can bring on some major headaches and inhibit sleep. 2) It's easy to get sick when no one washes their hands in the bathroom. 3) Herbal teas are a cheap cure-all alternative to expensive doctor prescriptions.

Just in case you don't feel like going to the doctor to get something for your cold, headache, or other bodily ailments, you might want to head over to the closest Walmart or Kroger (or any grocery store for that matter) and pick up these 5 herbal teas instead.

1. Peppermint Tea

Peppermint tea is perfect if you're prone to colds or allergies. This tea is both an anti-inflammatory and a decongestant. Simply meaning that this will help you get rid of your cold fast.

Or at the very least will lessen the severity of your symptoms.

2. Chamomile Tea

Sleep is just something I'm certain every college student struggles with at some point and it's mainly from stress. That's where a cup of chamomile tea can come in handy. Chamomile not only relaxes your body but it helps you sleep. Because of this, you won't be needing to down sleeping pills or liquid that you might get addicted to. Chamomile is safe, non-addictive, and while I've never taken sleep medicine myself, I'm sure chamomile tastes a whole lot better.

3. Lemon Balm Tea

Ever eaten something from you cafeteria (whether it be at school or work) that just doesn't agree with you? Well, instead of reaching for some Pepto-Bismol, you might want to reach for some lemon balm tea instead. It will relieve your stomach pain just as fast as Pepto-Bismol, maybe even faster, and since it's tea, it'll taste better than any nasty liquid medicine.

4. Ginger Tea

As disgusting as this may sound, ginger tea is a much less addictive yet just as effective caffeine alternate to your morning cup of coffee. Ginger is a natural energy booster that won't give you headaches later on in the day. Of course since ginger tea is a bit strong, you might want to add in a little honey to sweeten it up.

5. White Rose Tea

White rose tea is perhaps my absolute favorite herbal tea because it has numerous health benefits. It's loaded with Vitamin C, so it's ideal for colds if you don't have any peppermint tea on hand. Also, for ladies, white rose tea is known for taking away the pain of cramps and other body aches during menstruation.

This tea also helps with digestion, sore throats, stress, anxiety, and even weight loss! If you're worried about caffeine, don't, because there's absolutely none in white rose tea.

So next time you feel sick or sore, try drinking some of these herbal teas instead of going to the doctor. It'll be better for your body and your wallet and what could be better than that?