Benefits of Having Breakfast

Benefits of Having Breakfast

What having a healthy breakfast can do for your day

91
Benefits of Having Breakfast

In college, we try to squeeze the last minute possible of sleep in before class. We normally have good reason for this because of staying up later trying to study a little more for that test or perhaps we were just being social and having a good time with friends. So when you go to sleep tonight, make sure to set an alarm to wake up so you can get some of these benefits and attack the day full on!

1. Energy boost throughout the day

Your body was using calories and energy throughout the night to help rebuild itself and now it is drained of that energy. By having a full breakfast you will be able to complete all the tasks that you need to get done.

2. Breakfast helps reduce morning crankiness

Feeling cranky during the morning is understandable - you probably wanted to stay in bed for a few extra winks, you don't feel like going to work, and what most people forget, you're starving! Imagine going without food for 8 to 12 hours during the day; you probably won't be the most approachable person in the office or classroom.

3. Metabolism Boost

It's sad, but some people don't eat breakfast because they are concerned about their weight and are trying to diet and eat less. When you sleep, your metabolism slows down significantly and the only way to boost it up quickly is by having a healthy breakfast.

4. Improve Memory

It has been proven in a 2005 review that having breakfast may improve your cognitive ability. Instead of staying up later consistently and studying for those extra 20 minutes, get to sleep earlier and wake up earlier so you can have time for breakfast and it'll make the late night study sessions actually worth it!.

5. Prevent Serious Health Issues

Not as direct an impact as the other items on this list, but should not be taken lightly. Having a breakfast as been associated with lower chance of heart disease as well as reduces your risk of getting type II diabetes.