5 Benefits of Being Busy

5 Benefits of Being Busy

Being busy can be positive, if you change the way you think about it.

1515
5 Benefits of Being Busy

We all get busy at some point during the school year or even the summer. Being busy can be hectic and stressful, but there are some upsides to being busy. Here are a few that I came up with:

1. You won’t have time to worry about the thoughts that race through your head. We all have those pestering worries that go through our head. When you're busy you usually don’t even think about them because you're focusing your mind on something else.

2. You sleep better. Personally when I’m busy and running around all day, I fall asleep easier. For some people being busy might keep them up, but its all up to your sleeping habits and how easy you fall asleep normally.

3. You feel motivated to get more work done. Usually when I’m busy I tend to get more organized and try to get more school work done while I’m motivated to do so. Again, this could just be me personally, but hopefully you feel the same while you're busy.

4. You feel more self-confidence in yourself. When you get a lot done in a day, it makes you feel good about yourself and helps you feel like you got a lot done. Getting a lot done definitely feels great, especially if it’s knocking out a lot of homework!

5. You get this charge from being busy. This is a little difficult to describe if you haven’t had that feeling when you're busy. The feeling feels like all of your senses are heightened and you just want to keep doing what you're doing. You want to keep being busy because you realize you like how it feels.

Being busy isn’t all that bad, it can have some amazing hidden benefits. It’s never a bad thing to be busy, it keeps your brain stimulated, but not with negative thoughts or daily stresses. When you're busy it’s usually with events or actives that you enjoy doing which can boost your happiness. It is important to take a break when needed so you don’t overwhelm yourself. It’s also important not to overwhelm yourself with too much business and to have time to hang out with friends and family. Now hopefully you see being busy as more of a positive than a negative.