10 Reasons Why Keeping Yourself Busy Is Good

All the reasons why leading a busy lifestyle can be beneficial.

22240
hayleoson.com

If you're anything like me, you have an extremely packed schedule. Unless you're to the point where you don't have time to breathe, keeping yourself busy can be a good thing. This doesn't mean that not being overly busy all the time is bad, it's just a question of taste and personality. For me, if I don't have something to do for too long, I loose my mind. I start eating everything a feeling guilty about not doing all the things I could be doing. Here are some reasons why I think staying busy is beneficial.

1. It teaches important skills.

Staying busy is a way for an individual to grow. Not only do you learn things and improve in whatever it is you're doing, but you also learn other skills so that everything doesn't fall apart. Staying busy teaches things like how to manage your time, how to stay organized and how to work efficiently.

2. You're never bored.

When you're busy there's actually no time to be bored. That's because you're always around doing different things. Boredom just isn't one of them.

3. There's always something to do or somewhere to be.

This goes hand in hand with never being bored. Having different places to go to and different people to do things with, keeps things fresh and exciting.

4. The brain is always working.

Staying busy is a great way to keep the mind active. No matter what you're doing, the brain is constantly working, either because of the task at hand or because it's already planning ahead. Nevertheless, I can guarantee that this is a wonderful way to stay mentally healthy.

5. You're very productive.

Because you're so busy, you can't waste much time. This generally means that you're very productive because you get things done in whatever time you have. Of course, this isn't always the case, but overall you're pretty good about using your time wisely.

6. You can't feel bad about procrastinating.

There are days that aren't as productive and perhaps procrastinating is the way to go. Even then, you really can't feel bad about it because you need a break too. So there really is no need to feel guilty about putting Netflix before work.

7. Time spent relaxing is more valuable.

For someone who's constantly doing stuff, getting a day off is a blessing. Because that time off is so rare, it's much more valuable and appreciated. Relaxing is more like a luxury to you, and you will not take that opportunity for granted.

8. You'll feel more accomplished.

There's a certain feeling of pride that goes with keeping yourself successfully busy. You feel like you can do and accomplish anything. No matter the obstacle, nothing can stop you.

9. It's a way to be distracted.

When you're busy there's no time to dwell on problems or stress. There's also no room for negativity, therefore, it can make getting through the day a lot easier.

10. Busy people are happy people.

http://www.startofhappiness.com/get-busy-being-happy-the-benefits-of-being-busy/

Studies have shown that people who are busy are also happier. This is due to the many benefits that come along with staying busy. The difference, though, between being busy and stressed and being busy and happy, is what you do in that "busy time". The key is to do what makes you happy and finding a balance between staying busy and taking time to reinvigorate and recharge.

So find your passion (or passions), and keep yourself busy. Make sure you're enjoying whatever it is you're doing and have fun. At the same time, the hectic schedule lifestyle isn't for everyone and that's okay. As long as you're happy, all is and will be good.