5 Reasons Why Being Sick In College Is The Worst Thing Ever

I can't go out, I'm sick.

Unsplash

Now that the new school year has begun, it can only mean one thing —you're going to get sick. Being sick in general is no fun but, it is even worse after you go away to college.

1. There's no one to take care of you. 

The worst part about being sick in college is that you don't have anyone to take care of you. It was much easier when you had parents or other family members to help get you to feel better. Now you have to worry about going to the doctor, taking the right medications, and making your own soup.

2. You have to go to class.

One of the best ways to get over being sick is to take some time to relax which can be difficult when you have to go to your classes. At least in high school, there is a little more room to be able to miss classes when you're sick.

3. All you want to do is go out. 

Being confined to your room and trying to rest can be difficult, especially when you would much rather be out with your friends.

4. There really isn't enough time to nap. 

Honestly, being able to nap is one of the best parts about being sick but, with everything else you have to do there really isn't enough time.

5. You're constantly getting sick. 

Getting sick is a never-ending battle in college. At the start of each semester, you are bound to get sick again no matter how hard you try to avoid it.