How To Stay Motivated When Everything Is Getting You Down

I Asked 10 People About Staying Motivated Even When They Don't Want To, And This Is What They Told Me

Because you are alive, anything is possible.

199

When people are motivated, the sky is literally the limit. Anything is possible.

Unfortunately, motivation dies at a fast rate. People try to do new things — from losing weight, to taking fitness classes, to getting straight As, to learning a new language. People especially try to be motivated when the new year comes around. They try to create new habits, but a few months later, they're back to their old ones.

Aren't you tired of quitting and then restarting? Just think about it. How many times have you said you were going to start something, and then you didn't? How many times have you started something and then quit?

You just need a little more motivation, and your goals will simply become reality.

Motivation is the inner drive that allows you to come to the realization that this is not what you want anymore. Motivation is both strong ambitions and desires. In order to accomplish anything, you need a strong wish. A weak wish will not get you far, and you won't get where you want to go.

I spoke to different people about what motivation meant to them, and these were their answers:

"Something giving me the courage to do something I think I can't" — K. Gardineer

"A jolt of energy to get to me to accomplish a task." — M. White

"Something that gets me going, makes all my goals into what I want in life. It kind of makes me want to get up and go make it all happen." — A. Lorenti

"My self-worth and proving to myself I can do anything I want in life." — H. Simon

"Motivation is the reason I get up every morning, and put a smile on my face and face the world." — D. Wachsberg

"The strong will and determination to do something" — M. Gentile

"Motivation is the drive and reason to get something done. Taking pride and caring is a very strong motivator." — Female, anonymous

"Willingness to go with the flow and do the best job possible, to not let my students, coworkers or teachers down... setting a goal and achieving it... pride in a job well done." — Female, anonymous

"To live life to the fullest and never regret today because tomorrow might never come." — G. Mette

"To keep pushing and working hard for yourself and doing things to make yourself feel good no matter what... so, in the long run, it will all be worth it!" — M. Brannigan

All these people striving to stay motivated know that the reality of doing so is not easy. We all know you will burn out, and you will want to quit. But we also know that "if you quit once it becomes a habit, so don't quit."

No matter what you are working on, there are going to be days when you just don't want to go to the gym, don't feel like writing the paper, don't feel like going into work and don't feel like handling responsibilities. These are all just parts of life, and I face these just like anyone else.

Work for all your goals, and turn your dreams into your daily reality.

Make a list of what you want to accomplish and why, go public with your intentions, declutter your time, get enough sleep, have a strategy for the bumps along the way, get the help you need and visualize the results of achieving your goals.

Just remember, if you stay motivated until this time next year, you will have gained your "summer body," you will be fluent in your chosen language, you will have you career choice made up and you will have accomplished your goals.

Say hello to your new reality.