Being Human With Bad Habits

Being Human With Bad Habits

There are no real rules.

5
Being Human With Bad Habits
Photo By Desirae Alexander

Rule number 1

You have to realize what is truly at stake. This can be a crucial rule to follow sometimes. We all love to live in the now and get caught up in the heat of the moment, but we have to stop ourselves and take a second to see what we could lose or gain from a sticky situation. When in a relationship, you can't put yourself in a dilemma that is going to make you do things that you might regret. That should be a no-brainer when you're an adult dealing with temptation.

Rule number 2

Learn the difference between a genuine person that is aware of your status and a person who honestly could care less. This is another hard rule to follow because he or she could be an ex of yours and you should know them. But please don't be fooled by their disguises because they already know how to get you back in. After all, we are prone to fall back into habits our mind and heart are used to.

Lastly, rule number 3

If you're not in a relationship, get off the drug that your significant other had you in constant need for. It is unhealthy and unsafe. No matter how good the high is, run from it. It's easier said than done, but it's best for your mental and emotional state. The next rule is, there are no real rules for fighting your temptations. There is no manual on "how to be a human being 101" or anything like that. This was advice from a friend. Though she was right to a certain degree, I wasn't truly convinced about some of the things she said.

I struggle with falling back into old habits and temptations all of the time and I cant seem to escape it. I can block him on every social platform I have, I can block him from my phone and stay clear of his social activities and places he migrates to. One place I can't seem to make him disappear from is from my dreams, my thoughts or my feelings. I desperately want him gone from my memory but I don't see that happening, ever. The struggle continues by him showing up randomly on days when he is the furthest thing on my mind. It's like he feels those times when I could care less about him and he hates it, and he just appears out of no where to take over my hidden emotions.

All it takes is a phone call and a sweet deep voice that makes me say yes to everything, even though I haven't heard his voice in months. I used to ignore it and just lived in the moment because I knew it was a once-in-every-four-months phone call from him, but I'm better than that.

It is hard to let go of something that seems to be second nature. It can't be just a female thing. I would like to think that guys deal with this kind of stuff. Moving on and trying to build new habits is the hardest thing to do. After all, I am only human.