I'm The Millennial Lady Who Dreams Of Real Love, Not Hookups, And It SUCKS

I’m definitely not asking you to do anything crazy or big like donating your left kidney to me... So why are you acting like I am?

180
Katrina Burton

Everything about this generation is exhausting.

It seems like no one is actually real or loyal anymore and trying to start something new with anyone is a hassle. To be a genuine person who wants to find love and actually wants to be someone's forever is sort of rare.

It's something you don't see much anymore.

Society has somehow brainwashed us all to believe that being with someone just "isn't cool" and that messing around and playing people is the new norm and I'm not okay with it. I'm not okay with watching basically every single person I know get played. I'm not okay with little girls thinking that real love doesn't exist. I'm not okay with so many people giving up because heartbreak is all they know. I know how difficult it is.

I meet people every day and finally, one person actually stands out from the rest.

They're kind, beautiful, and all-around what I need and then the doubts start coming. What if they don't like me? What if they're talking to a bunch of other people? What if all they want is sex? What if they're one of those annoying people who talk to someone new every week, claims they're in love, and then has a different bae again the week after that? Many times, the people I meet end up being one of those doubts. Well, I'm not that person. I never will be.

I'm not asking anyone for a lot.

I'm not asking you to get on your knees and beg for me. I'm not asking you to buy me things and call me pretty. I'm not asking you to sell your soul to me. I'm not asking you to give anything up. I'm asking you to actually get to know me. I'm asking you to tell me everything about you. I'm asking you to step into my life and trust that I'm not one of these everyday people. I'm asking you to vibe with me mentally and physically. I'm asking you to love me without holding anything back, even if it ends up being just for the moment.

I'm definitely not asking you to do anything crazy or big like donating your left kidney to me... So why are you acting like I am?