Before You Graduate Fairport High School...

Talk to any FHS alumni and you will get a mixed response of their time there.

69
Sierra Welker

Before you graduate Fairport High School

Talk to any FHS alumni and you will get a mixed response of their time there. But most people say that they couldn't imagine living and going to a school anywhere else. Being in college has taught us alumni a lot that's for sure no matter where you go or what life path you take next. Below are recommendations to do before you graduate from the great Raider Nation.

Go to sporting events that you would never go to before. Even if you have no idea what is going on. Fairport always has great sporting no matter what the events. Go be apart of the red zone the energy will make you excited about the sport and being apart of fhs in general FVC, basketball, field hockey, rugby and soccer games are just a few great ones out of the many.

Go see the plays even if you have never heard of it before. Your friends and peers work so hard and are very good at what they do. Their drama club is loved to them just like any of your activities.

Stay after to watch the assembly's. everyone that has anything to do with it is probably pretty proud of the work that went into showing it in the first place. Usually they are better than you think they will be anyways.

Talk to people that you talked to in elementary or middle school. even if it's been years. Because chances are they are willing to share about their life and want to hear what you have been up too.

Take brotherhood sisterhood serious. It's a great week full of fun and laughter with some serious moments. Everyone is so upbeat and come on who doesn't know all the words to the theme song?! It's a great time to talk about what everyone should do every day of the year and that is (you guessed it) show CARE. Go to 4th grade/9th grade buddy walk even if it's -10° outside ( I guess the grades changed since I have graduated school). Smile to people that you don't know in the hallway -It's just a nice thing to do.

Talk to old teachers. Some of the best memories are with talking to ones that you look up too. They will love to hear that they are being thought of and want to hear what you are doing when it comes to sports, or college or going into the workforce, they are sure to be proud.

Be connected with youth. When it comes to after school activities, teen coaching, or even tutoring. Younger kids DO look up to high schoolers. Being a positive person can turn to dramatically have a positive impact all around when it comes to how they view things and the extra curricular activity you are teaching them.

Talk to peers outside of your class. Some of the best friends have came from different graduating classes. Expanding with different classes lets you know what's going on in your school.

Before you know it high school will be over in a blink of an eye. Weather you had a great experience or not it will be over. You might not realize it now or on the day of graduation. But you wouldn't want to go to anywhere else. The Fairport family is different than any other family. We might not get along all the time, but in the end we care and support eachother and this school. Going off and meeting new people has differently been an experience and will probably be different for you too, but always know that Fairport Central Schools is your home.

Special thank you to the teachers and staff that have touched my life as well as many others. Mrs. Connor, Mr. Trawitz, Mrs. LeFeber, Mr. and Mrs. Corey Miller, Mrs. Schieble and many others. Thank you.