I Think I've Become 'Too Creative'

I Think I've Become 'Too Creative'

But how bad can it really be?
811

While being creative isn’t a bad quality at all to possess, it does present challenges... or so I’ve recently discovered.

The past few weeks, I’ve begun to find more of myself, uncovering qualities and aspirations hidden within me. With that came motivation, a desire to create, achieve, and explore every idea that popped into my mind.

Some may call this great, I certainly do. I’ve never found myself filled with so much inspiration and motive to bring out the best in myself. However, the timing isn’t at all cooperative in this pure joy I have begun to experience.

Of course, the one aspect I have no control over.

As a second-semester college student, I’ve slowly become accustomed to the workload given. Though my stress will occasionally blast through the roof, I’ve been able to handle most of it fairly well.

Due to the amount of work I receive, it becomes difficult to squeeze in time for personal growth and desire to explore newfound passions and interests, especially when the list of assignments and personal projects you’d like to begin continues to grow.

Wanting to express myself creatively has become a challenge, despite my intense motivation to do so. My education hasn’t allowed me the time.

Several ideas have been circulating in my mind over the past few weeks. Though with a mound of work and other aspects of my life to take care of first, it’s been nearly impossible to start anything. That’s the main issue: constantly coming up with new creative projects, but not having the time to dive into them is infuriating.

Perhaps I’ll begin to learn greater time management skills, ones that will allow me to have a creative outlet more frequently, while still keeping my school and social lives at the forefront.

We can only hope from here!